Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled this out of CC forum so I wouldn't be thread jacking(hey I barely had my coffee when I posted it :p)
I had a sit-down with my wife over the gifts....she was cool with retuning them and turning me loose to pick my own :)
What I want for the bike are big dollar items, V&H black slip-ons and Victory highway bar close outs...I couldn't go that crazy and I'll grab those out of my own play money later in 2015.
Cycle Gear is having a decent sale so I nabbed a few items to help increase the riding season here in NE...A Sedici HotWired jacket liner w/temp controller(to go with my Hotwired gloves), BiLT Freeze-Out longjohns and neck gator....I'm done suffering the cold ;)
I've also been wanting to replace of my worn out HD branded gloves...I saw these Street & Steel Scrambler gloves and had to have them..

After I did finish my coffee I was looking over some more of their sales and figured this would be a good time to grab a warm weather jacket. Can't beat this for $60
http://www.cyclegear.com/CUSTOM-BILT-Cruiser-Mesh-Motorcycle-Jacket

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
My selfie gifts were going to going to include cams, PCV, tune, etc but now I just don't know. I just don't think I need it.

I'm thinking maybe an AFR+ but that's it. And a Lloydz filter. But we'll see.
I also think I will be taking off my homemade glasspack mufflers and putting OEM back on. Haven't decided. I'm so wishy-washy...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My selfie gifts were going to going to include cams, PCV, tune, etc but now I just don't know. I just don't think I need it.

I'm thinking maybe an AFR+ but that's it. And a Lloydz filter. But we'll see.
I also think I will be taking off my homemade glasspack mufflers and putting OEM back on. Haven't decided. I'm so wishy-washy...
Na, you're just at that decision making point.
I personally don't see any need for more HP/TQ in bikes like the XC, Tuned up a little and sounding better okay but I won't go beyond that. I got myself gifts I actually have a need for.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Na, you're just at that decision making point.
I personally don't see any need for more HP/TQ in bikes like the XC, Tuned up a little and sounding better okay but I won't go beyond that. I got myself gifts I actually have a need for.
Good point . I have the glasspack mod mufflers , Lloyds timing wheel , filter , 1/4 turn throttle ring , and a PCV coming soon . This is it for my engine mods . I want heated gloves and other amenities that will make me more comfortable , that means more to me right now then anything . I also want one of these for my rear rack .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281495468239?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
next steps for me, trunk and cams, not sure of the order yet though!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought my vision used with many of these mods already done. I'm thinking I'd prefer to start stock. Perhaps asking around for some stock cams, O2 sensors, etc.
Mainly to get my mileage back that I had on my last bike. That and this bike spits soot out the exhaust that I have to wash off every time.
There ought to be lots of stock pieces around based on all the reading I've done on this forum

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I HAVE 2 BRAND NEW 02'S ..... WELL , 2000 MILES BUT LOOK SPOTLESS . Damn caps ! pm me if interested . thumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I bought my vision used with many of these mods already done. I'm thinking I'd prefer to start stock. Perhaps asking around for some stock cams, O2 sensors, etc.
Mainly to get my mileage back that I had on my last bike. That and this bike spits soot out the exhaust that I have to wash off every time.
There ought to be lots of stock pieces around based on all the reading I've done on this forum
Sounds like you need a tune if your spitting an excessive amount of soot out of your pipes...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point . I have the glasspack mod mufflers , Lloyds timing wheel , filter , 1/4 turn throttle ring , and a PCV coming soon . This is it for my engine mods . I want heated gloves and other amenities that will make me more comfortable , that means more to me right now then anything . I also want one of these for my rear rack .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281495468239?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I like your style..... :cool: I have the same bag on my wish list at Amazon
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Polaris-Victory-Passenger-Rack-2879367/dp/B00BZBJAPY/ref=sr_1_25?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1419987822&sr=1-25&keywords=victory+motorcycle+bag[/ame]

Thing is I have a really good expandable bag set I bought from Jafrum.com for ~$50....I'd be foolish to spend $180 on the Vic bag

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ric , I was eyeing that bag also , could you give us your valued opinion on it please , in detail ?cheers Thank you sir .

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Ric , I was eyeing that bag also , could you give us your valued opinion on it please , in detail ?cheers Thank you sir .
Nothing not to like Mags. It mounts and removes lickety split and there are only two latches that secure it well to the rack. The shoulder strap doubles as a safety strap as I place it around the front of the backrest and cinch it. There are mesh storage compartments on either side of the interior. I have taken it on a five night trip and could have used it for a much longer trip. But then, I ride solo.
If you need a bag for two up touring, contact me. Hoo hoo, do I have a deal for you Bubie.cheers

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
arent selfie gifts same as "what I got off Santa"??
we all know Santas not real right?
selfie is a term kids use for taking pix of themselves on mobile phones!
hopefully they dont do Santa out of a job:crzy:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have several pairs of gloves but nothing like those brn leathers.

Temps have been hovering around 47 for the highs and my fingers freeze.

I always wait a while and usually can find a decent day to ride here and there but just can't see the need to invest in heated gear. I might jump on leather gloves IF they will keep tips of fingers warm enough at riding speed. Not fun getting home unable to move fingers enough to remove helmet.

·
Premium Member
8,769 Posts
I have several pairs of gloves but nothing like those brn leathers.

I always wait a while and usually can find a decent day to ride here and there but just can't see the need to invest in heated gear. I might jump on leather gloves IF they will keep tips of fingers warm enough at riding speed. Not fun getting home unable to move fingers enough to remove helmet.
envisages Dill walking around all day with his helmet on cos his fingers are too cold to undo it:)....classic!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's T-shirt weather here .:D
Maybe so Mags but my fingers still numb up and freeze when riding even with temps in the mid 50s.....
I've tried all kinds of gloves and liners..with all, eventually the temp inside the gloves = the wind chill outside the glove and the hands freeze. The only solution that actually provides comfort in cold/cool weather is heated gear.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Could be poor circulation too .:D I have ridden with a t-shirt , and gloves before ... I know what you mean , I don't get discomfort generally until below 35-38 F . I am getting heated gloves before spring , I have every intention to be riding this March .thumb up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I've tried all kinds of gloves and liners..with all, eventually the temp inside the gloves = the wind chill outside the glove and the hands freeze. The only solution that actually provides comfort in cold/cool weather is heated gear.
Yep! Freezing finger tips will take the fun out of riding. I grabbed a pair of very thin cotton gloves and inserted in regular gloves and helps a little.

I think we have poor circulation. My feet get cool but not as bad as hands.

I may try a little pack of hand warmers in gloves this afternoon if I can get off work early enough.

It is a clear sunny day and can't stand not getting to ride for a little while. I got it bad! :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
My selfies are an ECU re flash ( hopefully) and an under drive pulley from Conquest Customs. That's about as much as I can do reallisticly living where I do. Even the ECU reflash is a pain!:mad:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts