Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to get a market value on a bike that has a rebuilt title. We bought it 6 years ago with 15k miles and since then have put about 15k more on it for a total of 30k. It is a 2007 Kingpin tour. It has a wide open customs fairing with blue tooth radio (Needs to be painted to match still) brand new tires and battery. Bike runs and rides flawlessly. I Have the stock exhaust and stock windshield as well.

The reason I need help is that it has a rebuilt title. The story from the po, and pictures, was he layed it down at a somewhat slow speed and destroyed a saddle bag, some chrome, and scratched the windshield. He had his insurance replace the parts and paint the new bags to match but it resulted in a rebuilt title.

We have put 15k flawless miles on this bike, sometimes being several thousand miles away from home. This bike has been nothing but amazing but i know the idea of a rebuilt title scares people off. With it having that brand, what can I reasonably expect to get out of it? I am looking to get into a cross country and this would be my down payment. I'm thinking $3,500?? Am I way off base?? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
From what I've seen, A Rebuilt or Salvage title bike sells for about 2/3 of what the Kelly blue book states.

Your pricing looks good to me but it's kind of a crap shoot now that your starting to get to the end of riding season for a lot of people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've seen, A Rebuilt or Salvage title bike sells for about 2/3 of what the Kelly blue book states.

Your pricing looks good to me but it's kind of a crap shoot now that your starting to get to the end of riding season for a lot of people.
Thanks for your impute. You are right, with it being the end of the season, it will make it that much more challenging to sell.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, my well equipped 2004 Kingpin Premium only has a high retail value of $3k and yes, the North is going to be ending its riding season in a couple of months, but the South is just going into its riding season (depending on where in the south).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, my well equipped 2004 Kingpin Premium only has a high retail value of $3k and yes, the North is going to be ending its riding season in a couple of months, but the South is just going into its riding season (depending on where in the south).

Thank for the info. Im trying to focus on the fact that we have owned it for 6 years and got 15k worth of fun and memories on it. You dont have to make money on everything! Still going to hurt though lol I have someone coming tonight to look at it for $3,000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold the bike last night for $3,000. It hurt a little but I knew that would happen the day I bought it. Trying to look at is as we had a lot of fun for 6 years. If anyone in Washington State needs a stock exhaust or windshield let me know :wink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts