Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a cable and set up for me to use my stereo thru BT to my SENA SMH10. But now that there is the fire sale on parts was having some thoughts I might just get the OEM set up.MY question is was the BT hard to set up? Do you have to reconnect every time you ide? And with the music share option on the SMH10, why would you need 2 modules? Thanks if anyone can clear this up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very confusing post, but let me try...

The BT is not hard to set up, just watch one of the many youtube videos and pair the headset with your phone. If you leave your BT enabled on your phone, each time you turn your headset on, it will automatically connect to it.

The music share option is so that you can stream music via BT from any BT device into your sena. Sharing will allow you to also pass the music along to any other sena you are paired with. Example.... I pair with my wifes sena. We are able to talk while riding. When we are done having a conversation, I press and hold the jog dial for 3-5 seconds. The sena will beep three times and my music will start to play again for both of us.

Not sure what cable set up you are talking about for your stereo. Can you elaborate on that?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have the new Sena Bluetooth dongle and the wiring harness. I have decided I am not going to use them. Interested? $100 shipped for both.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the new Sena Bluetooth dongle and the wiring harness. I have decided I am not going to use them. Interested? $100 shipped for both.
Not sure what dongle and harness these are, do you have a link?
I might be interested.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can make headsets work NP. Questkon is when using the OEM rig the dongle should broadcast. So if you are music share, why would you need 2 of the dongle things on the bike. Also once you pair dongle on bike is it rememberef from then on.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I can make headsets work NP. Questkon is when using the OEM rig the dongle should broadcast. So if you are music share, why would you need 2 of the dongle things on the bike. Also once you pair dongle on bike is it rememberef from then on.
I think the dongle will only pair to one headset. 2 headsets, 2 dongles.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you share music say from phone I can connect hers to mine as long as not talking. So just wobder why it wouldnt work same. So you have 2 gizmo and harness?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will think about offer. Got dealer notification clearance sale. Had to kind of come this far for Dr appointment anywho

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Broggy sent you a PM.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Replied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I've used the Sena/Victory dongle and headset since I first bought my CCT in 2013. I added a second dongle and headset 2 years ago for my wife. Works great, I'd do it again without question.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Mark. Took Broggy up on offer so I hope to have it up and running by next weekend. Weather aint cooperating this weekend to finish up the furniture project so that may overlap some next week.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK can someone that has this help a fellow out???? Either I am as blind as Stevie Wonder or this connector just dont exist on my 13 XCT. I have been under the fairing for about 3.5 hours now and I cant find any spare connectors that look even close to what I should have. Then I read that is I'm only using one dongle I dont even need the Y harness. But hell I cant even find the connector. This is the only open connector I have under the fairing with multiple pins, and it looks nothing like I need.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
OK can someone that has this help a fellow out???? Either I am as blind as Stevie Wonder or this connector just dont exist on my 13 XCT. I have been under the fairing for about 3.5 hours now and I cant find any spare connectors that look even close to what I should have. Then I read that is I'm only using one dongle I dont even need the Y harness. But hell I cant even find the connector. This is the only open connector I have under the fairing with multiple pins, and it looks nothing like I need.
Perhaps it goes in between another connector that's plugged into something.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup that crossed my mind also. Have multiple 2 pin jobs, a 6 pin in middle with large wires (fairing power, horn is running off it lg amp stuff appears) 16 pin bottom rt as your looking at it. A 14 pin on lower lt (as looking at) but its square and a 5 pin square behind it. I think I found out that the mystery connector in the other pic is for Tach and some other stuff. Evidently a Cross Roads connector.

So now I am using a picture I found from an install guide that shows the connector on the bike to have Black, Red, Green, Lt Blue & white wires on it and trying to chase it down on a 2012 wire diagram. The add on harness the wire colors are pink, brown, white, red, black. So if I can figure out what goes where I'll just make my own dang plug.

Called polaris to ask customer non-support about where my plug should be. Habeeb says this cable and dongle no work on your bike. Really I said? Yes web site I am looking now says no fit 2013 XCT. OK I'm looking at same site and it says it fits the XC so whats different? I dont know, but it will not fit.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I'm going from long term memory here but I think the audio harness plugs into the radio and the dongle then plugs into the audio harness. Did they come with any instructions? I believe my 2012 CCT should work exactly like your 2013.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
They did not come with instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 26 Posts