Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded Sena 5.1 Firmware update to my Sena device. I have two dongles on my '13 XCT. Now my Sena SMH10 headset will not interface with my Victory stereo. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I wish I could help you. I upgraded my Sena the last time around. Since then I typically have turn the Sena headset on and off 2 to 5 times for it to connect to my CCT audio system. It always connects the first time to my iPhone. Very seldom since the Sena 'upgrade' does it connect the CCT system in under 3 attempts.

From your post, it doesn't look like I'll try the latest upgrade.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I downloaded Sena 5.1 Firmware update to my Sena device. I have two dongles on my '13 XCT. Now my Sena SMH10 headset will not interface with my Victory stereo. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sena recommends deleting all pairings after any firmware upgrade. If you have done this the headset and dongle are no longer paired. To clear the dongle and get it to re-pair you will find a button on the top of the dongle. Push and hold it until the blue light flashes quickly. Then To re-pair you put the headset into pairing mode. Should sync up after that. If you have two dongles follow the same procedure on the second only unplug the first dongle while doing it.

If your headset doesn't connect with your dongle on power up try pushing and holding the jog dial until you hear the second beep, about 2 seconds. This usually forces it to see the dongle.

Also for the dongle use selective pairing mode. It seems to work better when the dongle knows it is not looking for a phone.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had a bit of a hiccup after installing the new Firmware. It seemed to all go fine. I removed all my pairings. My IPhone4 paired fine and my IPhone3 paired under multi-point.

I then started music playing on my IPhone4, worked fine, and then fired up the GPS app on my IPhone3. When the GPS app went to make an announcement the Sena shut off, completely shut down as if I had pressed the jog and phone button together. which I had not. It did it twice, then I re-paired everything and did it again with the same result.

I then tried the GPS without music playing and that seemed to work. I then started playing music and started the GPS app again and all seemed to work. Now it seems to be working fine. Kind of weird.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Great information Buellx72, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts