Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 years and it keeps getting better and better. September 23rd 2001 I got sober and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
A big high five to ya for that...keep it up. There are better things in life than getting high, like life itself.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't have said it better.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
:pepper:dance 1thumb up

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I started drinking at 11am today....guess I have to take up the slack!

Seriously though, my brother just started rehab for alcohol abuse. Some people aren't wired to handle it. He sure isn't....took him probably 20 years too long to realize it. Of course, getting breathalyzed at work (a high school) and failing it gets your attention too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
That's awseome Vindex!

February 5, 2010 for me. Has made me a happier person and a better husband> Or maybe it was buying a Vic that did those things!!:wink

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have been sober since 8:30PM last night and will be for another 1.5 hours or so ....:grin Great work Tom , keep it up and a big Congrats !

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's awseome Vindex!

February 5, 2010 for me. Has made me a happier person and a better husband> Or maybe it was buying a Vic that did those things!!:wink

Nope getting sober did it.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Didja ever notice that alcohol even fooks up our gasoline? :(

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didja ever notice that alcohol even fooks up our gasoline? :(
Alcohol in my world is evil in the bike and in me. I read the posts here and really don't ever see the good coming out of it. Moderation is cool but it's something I can't do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I work with a guy that tells me 1 is too much and 50 is not enough. I guess the whole moderation thing doesn't sit well with him either.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Vin,

I love to drink and could drink every day but do not because I know it has a major hook. It finally caught up with me just drinking wine at home and letting my emotions get in the way.
I made a mistake, got angry, and got in my car. Got some beer and went riding.

Got caught, spent a night in jail, now will be in court in a week. The bottom line is that no human being can control the effects of alcohol. Anyone that believes differently is a liar and in denial.

I thank God for my wake up call. No one died and no one was seriously hurt mentally or physically. Not everyone gets s second chance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts