Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2081 - 2082 of 2082 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I think what depot picker was trying to say is going through this indefinitely is extremely painful and time consuming. There's also a risk the antibiotics will stop working at some point which means you could turn septic which is a life threatening condition. No one wants to see anyone lose a limb but it's preferable to to losing a life from sepsis. Lots of people live perfectly normal lives with a prosthetic. It's not the desired outcome but is the (much) lesser of two bad possible outcomes. Only you and your doctors can make these decisions.

Also, as someone who battles weight constantly, it would be easier on our legs if we both lost some weight. I know; much easier said than done but others do it so why can't we? I figure it's a matter of finding that right lifestyle of eating. I deplore the word "diet" because it makes it sound like we have to starve ourselves when we don't if we do it right. You're still a young guy MD. It will only get harder to lose weight as you age. I know I'm preaching to the choir by stating the obvious but it is what it is.

We are with you regardless.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
@MaddogUSMC coz Christmas is coming to town, we must lift your spirits

If you are taking to many antibiotics, you MUST read this and have a laugh at the same time.... Enjoy

Fecal Transplant Death Mystery Solved

" This summer, two people became ill after a poop transplant, and one of them died. Experts explain what went wrong and why the procedure should continue.
" As many as 10,000 fecal microbiota transplants (FMTs) are now performed in the United States every year, and more than 300 clinical trials for the therapy are currently running. " The procedure is most commonly used to treat Clostridium Difficile infections, where overly aggressive antibiotics wipe out healthy gut microbes

COMMENT:
Fecal transplants may be helpful in some instance, though the very
idea of a "poop transplant" seems weird and unnatural.

Our modern reductionist mindset seems to be always seeking the high tech magic potion, when we should should be trying the simple more natural remedies first.e.g. doctors always want to immediately start treating lung infections with antibiotics, before they have tried more benign stuff, such as high dose vitamin C or xylitol.

An early precursor to modern antibiotics is the interesting microbe Baccilus Subtilis, first identified in General Rommel's North Africa Desert War campaign, who were trying to figure out how to control a bad outbreak of dysentery among the troops. A German doctor observed an Arab sticking his finger into a pile of fresh camel dung and sucking on it. The Arabs explained that this was the local remedy for dysentery. Thus, an early (if not the first) antibiotic came into being.The food most rich in Baccilus Subtilis is the Japanese fermented soybean food, natto.

Anyway, modern antibiotics have come a long way since 1942. We now have antibiotics so strong they wipe out beneficial gut microbes, thus allowing nasty infections, such as Candida Albicans and Clostridium Difficile to devastate people's digestive systems.

In the case of the death by fecal transplant (FCA), we have an example of one trendy high tech medical procedure (antibiotics) causing a health problem which Big Medicine now wants to treat using another trendy high tech procedure (fecal transplant).

The lesson to be learned from this, is to not trust doctors. Make your
own enquiries and reach your own conclusions. Only throw yourself to the doc's mercy when the simpler more natural remedies are not working.

For example, it costs bugger all keep a good supply of activated
charcoal (500g), frozen natto (300g), xylitol (250g) and a large
supply of abscorbic acid powder at home (at least 500g).
- At the first sign of coughs or colds or other infections, start
taking 2-3g/hr of vitamin C. Non-stop, 24/hrs/day.
- At the first sign of a gut infection, start taking activated
charcoal and/or natto (though not both a the same time).

Before allowing a fecal transplant, try eating a lot of natto.

Bacillus Subtilis combats Clostridium Difficile infections

If the dead fecal transplant patient had included natto with their
meals, they may still be alive.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

2081 - 2082 of 2082 Posts