Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2122 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
You are a fighter!!! I can't say anything that hasn't been said 100+ times.
True and you know what, let's just repeat anything that was well worth the read, positive thoughts make him stronger.

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,102
I’m telling you, weed and vodka.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
I jokingly thought of loading up a syringe with vodka and hook it up....if it didn't kill anyone, they would be instantly drunk! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,103
I think I am having a slight reaction to the meds. I have a small rash on my arm, same arm as the picc line.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Get the fucking thing off mate and start riding and living again.
and lose some weight.
Start praying for the dude that hit you,... cos an attitude of hate and revenge will make you sicker.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thought about you yesterday. Upgraded the wife’s 2014 Mustang to a new one.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,106
Sweet ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maddog - someone was looking out for you and you'll make a full recovery.
One of my clients had a run in with a deer on his way home from the base - he sold his bikes and got a new jeep. Its harder to find sane places to ride. I find myself beeping the horn to make sure I'm seen, or screeching the brakes to get peoples attention at the intersections. I am going to invest in some moon boots and frame sliders just to get the illusion of safety. The red bike was super sharp - but the important thing is getting back to 100%.
Arrrrgh - I hope you feel better.
Challenges are temporary...
Get Well Soon!
P.S.: Heres for when you get back on the horse:

Photo by Harley-Davidson on Unsplash

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,110
Maddog - someone was looking out for you and you'll make a full recovery.
One of my clients had a run in with a deer on his way home from the base - he sold his bikes and got a new jeep. Its harder to find sane places to ride. I find myself beeping the horn to make sure I'm seen, or screeching the brakes to get peoples attention at the intersections. I am going to invest in some moon boots and frame sliders just to get the illusion of safety. The red bike was super sharp - but the important thing is getting back to 100%.
Arrrrgh - I hope you feel better.
Challenges are temporary...
Get Well Soon!
P.S.: Heres for when you get back on the horse:
View attachment 250929
Photo by Harley-Davidson on Unsplash
Thanks brother. I appreciate it. Glad your client survived!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,111
Here in Minnesota they have Law Tigers - P I attorneys that specialize in motorcycle claims.
Wish I found one here!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,112
I have an update. The Infectious Disease doctor said there was no oral antibiotics that will touch this infection. The knee will have to be dealt with. I go see the ortho on the 8th. Not sure what will happen. My knee will probably have to come out. Guess time will tell.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Sorry to here that

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I have an update. The Infectious Disease doctor said there was no oral antibiotics that will touch this infection. The knee will have to be dealt with. I go see the ortho on the 8th. Not sure what will happen. My knee will probably have to come out. Guess time will tell.

I am happy to hear the doctor is saying what he thinks, let's Gooooooo were here for youuuuuuu

Your a big man, so lets see what they come up with

If you in a downer, just fly your ASS over to Indonesia and we will laugh until we drop...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,115
I am not worried about it. I think it will work out for the better. Btw Andre....if I go to Indonesia, I know a certain Indonesian lady that would probably chain me to her bed. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,118
Thanks for the get well wishes. I doubt I have time. I have a bine density scan tomorrow and more x-rays. My doctor thinks the joint is loosening and then there is the infection. Time will tell. I will update more as it comes. Btw...I was curious today and looked at above the knee prosthetic legs. There is some high tech stuff out there! Genium leg prosthesis | Ottobock US

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
Either way, dp is right, any weight loss will help. I've been on keto for about 6 months but due to my age I've only been able to maintain weight; not lose it like I need to. For the past couple of weeks I've tried intermittent fasting. There are many different ways but the one I found I could live with so I didn't starve myself was the one where I only eat in an 8 hour period and usually just two sensible meals. I do have a little fruit or maybe a celery stick with cream cheese if I feel a hunger pang but only in that 8 hour window. Now the scale is trending (slowly) down. I think the key thing is making sure enough fat is in each meal because it's the fat that keeps the hunger pangs to a minimum.

Hardly any carbs, less than 20g a day, and the irony is carbs, turn to sugar, that turn to fat if not burned off. Healthy fats get used or processed out as waste but doesn't get stored as fat. Your body will burn carbs (sugar) or it will burn fat but only if there are no carbs to use.

I tried to skip a day by fasting but that was too much for me. I'll do what I can but starving myself is not an option for success. I did manage to make it a week like that and did lose a few pounds. I'd rather lose it slower but not starve.

We're pulling for you either way. Lots of people live good normal lives with a prosthetic. I have a feeling the idea of it is worse for many than actually living with it. Look at dogs and cats. They lose a leg then just get used to the change and move on. They have this amazing ability where they don't dwell on their new disability; they just accept it and deal with it. They live in the moment; not the past or the future. I'm often envious of this natural super power they have. They will grieve the loss of a loved one though and like people; it varies on how long it takes to go through the mourning process.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,120
You guys should know why now, I will get through this and make it. I appreciate you all still being here for me after 3 years.

2101 - 2120 of 2122 Posts