Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2220 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I want a number 94! Lol

I am getting sprung to go home some time this afternoon. At least that is the plan.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Damn man that makes me hurt!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,183
It hurts like heck! One man did the whole dressing change

·
Registered
657 Posts
I want a number 94! Lol

I am getting sprung to go home some time this afternoon. At least that is the plan.

well that looks ouch...but it does look better then we've seen it before.....great news on getting out.....enjoy

keep on healing brother!!!

Cheers

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,185
Trying to anyway...wish they would start my antibiotics so I can go

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,187
Yes, both drains and wound vac are gone. I should of gone to the Orthopedic rehab nursing facility but they were all full. So I am home. It feels good to be home but I am not as strong as I was and my wheel chair isn't even here yet. They just shoved me out the front door. The nurses all wanted me to stay but the case manager thought otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Good Lord man you've been through hell on earth. Brother my heart aches for you, not pity but sadness for the extremes of suffering you've experienced for all these months.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,190
Update......my health insurance provider's case manager and home health nurse thought I would be better off in the hospital so they urged me to call 911. That was a total waste. I will not have a wheel chair until Friday and the hospital's case manager did not order wound care supplies or a bedside commode. I bought a bedside commode and it will be here tomorrow. I have been struggling really hard to get to the guest bathroom to use it. It is not a safe situation. I was basically told that they would transport me, but since I was medically "fine" and there was no emergency, I would be billed for non-emergency rates for transportation and that I would probably be tossed out by the ER and not get a room. I have been struggling but making it one day at a time.

Thank you for the support, messages, and jokes.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Update......my health insurance provider's case manager and home health nurse thought I would be better off in the hospital so they urged me to call 911. That was a total waste. I will not have a wheel chair until Friday and the hospital's case manager did not order wound care supplies or a bedside commode. I bought a bedside commode and it will be here tomorrow. I have been struggling really hard to get to the guest bathroom to use it. It is not a safe situation. I was basically told that they would transport me, but since I was medically "fine" and there was no emergency, I would be billed for non-emergency rates for transportation and that I would probably be tossed out by the ER and not get a room. I have been struggling but making it one day at a time.

wow man wtf why the heck didn't they just keep you in there...?? was it's the hospitals decision to not take insurance money for keeping you in a bed? wow...what the heck man...
Be careful.....

keep posting brother we're with you in spirit!

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Sounds like you're in the "between zone". Not quite needing to be in a hospital bed but also can't quite manage by yourself yet. I'm sure the wheelchair would help.

Give the local VFW and/or American Legion a call and tell them you're a vet who needs a wheelchair for a week or so. They keep and supply used wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, etc. I bet they will have someone bring you one if you mention you can't get down there to pick it up. People are generally good that way. Vets helping vets brother.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,193
Thanks fellas. I am in dire straits but not as bad as before. I have my bedside commode coming tomorrow and I have a network of people helping me

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
. I have been struggling but making it one day at a time.

After reading your last post I just can't make a joke, we know your stong as a bull and can take a "hit" as you have proven over and over again in the last couple of years, but mate that SUCKS mate, but as you said take every day as one at the time, then survive the shortcomings.... We are all here to listen ... and make you laugh

Did the doctor indicate if he suspects any complications? But they will never tell you anything...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,196
The doctor is expected to do another surgery in about 3 months. Fuse the leg together. I hope that is what happens. I got used to living that way. Nurse is here. Talk later. Have a great day everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,197
I often wonder what I did or who I pissed off to keep getting my ass kicked. I then realize that I can take whatever is thrown at me and I am still alive. Just have moments where I wonder. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,200
It did not have a happy ending. I may end up back in the hospital. I just gotta call at 1 am from the on call nurse of home health. Apparently my hemoglobin is 6.2. They are coming to recheck tomorrow and if it isn't any better, they are calling 911 to have me taken to the hospital.

2181 - 2200 of 2220 Posts