Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2256 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,221
The picc line was pulled out today. Now I have to wait for the next surgery. I am glad because I think the prolonged use of the IV antibiotics was starting to make me sick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
Picc line is having issues. It is a P.O.S. and I told them 5 weeks ago that it isn't right. Now the thing quit working on the last week of infusions! Nurse on her way now to try to fix it. Blah! insert expletives

geeze MD....hope that got sorted out.....

Stay Safe brother

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,606 Posts
I sure hope one day I click on this thread and MD says "that's it; it's as good as it's going to get and I'm happy with it".

I hope that means you kept the leg, can work with it the way it is, not in pain, and no longer need continual treatments.

That's my hope for you MD.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,224
geeze MD....hope that got sorted out.....

Stay Safe brother

Rob
It did....it was pulled out! I go see the surgeon on Wednesday! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,225
I sure hope one day I click on this thread and MD says "that's it; it's as good as it's going to get and I'm happy with it".

I hope that means you kept the leg, can work with it the way it is, not in pain, and no longer need continual treatments.

That's my hope for you MD.
Thanks! I hope very soon!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,227
Sorry guys...I thought I updated this. I feel bad. I have to wait until the middle of next month to go see him again. He is waiting for some sort of infection markers to come down and for the ORs to open back up.

Good news is that the incision has nearly completely healed. Almost all fluid retention in both legs and swelling is gone. It seems to stay gone as well. Too bad I will be sliced open again. I hope it goes back to this if I manage to keep my leg.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sorry guys...I thought I updated this. I feel bad. I have to wait until the middle of next month to go see him again. He is waiting for some sort of infection markers to come down and for the ORs to open back up.

Good news is that the incision has nearly completely healed. Almost all fluid retention in both legs and swelling is gone. It seems to stay gone as well. Too bad I will be sliced open again. I hope it goes back to this if I manage to keep my leg.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

WOW MD that really looks good ....that's great news.... thanks for the update...stay Safe!!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,229
No, thank you guys for all the prayers and support since that night. I really do appreciate it. I will never physically be able to do a lot of things due to this, but I will walk again, even if straight legged!

·
Premium Member
8,937 Posts
Gee mate that's looking a helluva lot better, healed up nicely from the mess it was, best news Ive had all week. Goodonya!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,231
I have to go get labs done tomorrow at my primary care doctor's office. I will then have my virtual appointment on Wednesday and hope he prescribes something for the pain since my pain management doctor has dropped the ball. I have no knee and in agony. But at least the incision has healed

·
Registered
610 Posts
MD, thanks for the update. Those pics look really encouraging. No noticeable ulcerations or 'weeping' areas. Hope/pray the next phase continues this positive progress.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,233
Thanks....I can't wait to be over this crap!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,234
I hear the operating rooms may be opening up soon! If my infection markers go down and all looks well, I may have surgery again soon!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,236
I have nothing in place of my knee. It was taken out in February, and now they are hoping the infection is gone so they can fuse it. If it doesn't clear out, they will amputate the leg.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have nothing in place of my knee. It was taken out in February, and now they are hoping the infection is gone so they can fuse it. If it doesn't clear out, they will amputate the leg.

I have a joke for this....but it just doesn’t feel appropriate anymore .

Get the **** better soon my friend!

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,238
Working on it @theja1

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,239
Depending on labs, I may be having surgery next week!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Depending on labs, I may be having surgery next week!

hopefully that's a good thing...keeps us up to date...

take care and good luck brother

Rob

2221 - 2240 of 2256 Posts