Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2366 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,321
Thank you everyone! This is the gal that has been there since the beginning! She is the one that came to the hospital and shaved me when I couldn't!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: NAB and theja1

·
Registered
626 Posts
BTW, judging from the size and intensity of the redness and no apparent oozing, I'm guessing there catching the infection early.

Reactions: MaddogUSMC

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,325
I am not sure how early. I have been complaining to home health about pain for awhile. I am finally getting a change in antibiotics tonight

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,326
Thanks everyone! She is awesome!

Reactions: BBob

·
Registered
801 Posts
Engaged!

Hey Brother,

leg news sucks hopefully they can get it under control again...but ENGAGED news is AWESOME ....congrats sir wish you and your lovely lady all the very best!!!

Get well and get out dancing!!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,328
Thanks Rob! She says that WE are about the only good thing that came from this whole hit and run!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thanks Rob! She says that WE are about the only good thing that came from this whole hit and run!

she definately sounds like a keeper brother.....now get that infection under control!!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,330
Rob....thanks, she ia....working on it

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Having your woman around has to make things better. Just think how it would have been with no one there.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,332
Having your woman around has to make things better. Just think how it would have been with no one there.
She is the one that drove long distance to take care of me when everyone else abandoned me!

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,333
Hey guys! Sorry I have not said much lately. I have been really busy. As you all now know, I am getting married to the beautiful gal that has been taking care of me since the hit and run. She is awesome! So, I have been taking care of my doctor appointments and actively planning a wedding. It isn't until November of 2021, but she wants to get a jump due to possible unforeseen events, such as my leg being a pain in the rear.

I have had 3 antibiotic changes in the past month. They are keeping me on antibiotics for the rest of my life. I am in a lot of pain still and my right knee is pissed off from overcompensating for my left leg, which is about 1.5" shorter than my right leg. Monday, I went and got fitted for a lift on my left shoe. I got an inch and a half sole lift for my left shoe. The VA is picking up the tab since my feet are part of my service connection disabilities. That is the update on that.

Yesterday, Lisa took the boys and I to Ginnie Springs. It was the first time in nearly 4 years since I was able to submerge my leg in the water. However, that is now short lived. Getting into the car after a bathroom break, I was so tired and caught my leg on the frame and scraped it. I am hoping it heals up soon. I want to get back in the water. Here are some pictures from the trip. She even took one of me looking at the big fish under my tube!

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
That is beautiful, swimming in a pond and trees.... So nice... Happiness is the key of health

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: BBob and MaddogUSMC

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,335
Thanks! It is actually part of a spring fed river! Water stays around 70 degrees F all year!

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey guys! Sorry I have not said much lately. I have been really busy. As you all now know, I am getting married to the beautiful gal that has been taking care of me since the hit and run. She is awesome! So, I have been taking care of my doctor appointments and actively planning a wedding. It isn't until November of 2021, but she wants to get a jump due to possible unforeseen events, such as my leg being a pain in the rear.

I have had 3 antibiotic changes in the past month. They are keeping me on antibiotics for the rest of my life. I am in a lot of pain still and my right knee is pissed off from overcompensating for my left leg, which is about 1.5" shorter than my right leg. Monday, I went and got fitted for a lift on my left shoe. I got an inch and a half sole lift for my left shoe. The VA is picking up the tab since my feet are part of my service connection disabilities. That is the update on that.

Yesterday, Lisa took the boys and I to Ginnie Springs. It was the first time in nearly 4 years since I was able to submerge my leg in the water. However, that is now short lived. Getting into the car after a bathroom break, I was so tired and caught my leg on the frame and scraped it. I am hoping it heals up soon. I want to get back in the water. Here are some pictures from the trip. She even took one of me looking at the big fish under my tube!

that's awesome MD, congrats....hope you heal soon and can get back in the water...be safe and enjoy

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,337
that's awesome MD, congrats....hope you heal soon and can get back in the water...be safe and enjoy

Rob
Thanks Rob! It was fun!

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,338
I got my platform shoe today. Not sure how I like it. I feel good standing on it but walking seems awkward. I am thinking some may need to come off of it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I got my platform shoe today. Not sure how I like it. I feel good standing on it but walking seems awkward. I am thinking some may need to come off of it.

I would imagine that would take some time to get use to it...hope it helps..

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,340
Yeah, my body is sore and I have been wearing it all evening and trying to stay pretty active!

2321 - 2340 of 2366 Posts