Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The service manual mentions several service tools. Anyone know where they can be purchased?
Jim

·
Registered
427 Posts
If they are Vic Service tools, the dealer is the only place to get 'em...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the dealer WILL sell them ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I can't say for sure, but I have purchased "special tools" from Ford, Chevy, and Kawasaki for various vehicles I have owned. Call 'em and ask!

·
Registered
206 Posts
What exactly are you doing that requires "special" tools?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)

nothing yet... but there is a bezel tool that looks like it would help prevent scratching. most everything else i would probably just use something else.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
nothing yet... but there is a bezel tool that looks like it would help prevent scratching. most everything else i would probably just use something else.
Hey, Jim, me again. If you're talking about the headlight bezel, right after I got my XCT two+ years ago, I went to my local Harbor Freight and bought this set of nylon pry bars: http://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-pry-bar-installer-kit-4-pc-69668.html . Set is almost always on sale, and I probably had a 20% off + free flashlight coupon.

These -- any of the four, really -- are the nuts for taking off the headlight bezel and speaker grills: hard and thin enough to get the job done, and soft enough not to mar or scratch anything. If you don't have a HF nearby, I think most auto parts stores have similar stuff. And I believe the Vic special tool is something like that, too, FWIW, and probably way over-priced.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Hey, Jim, me again. If you're talking about the headlight bezel, right after I got my XCT two+ years ago, I went to my local Harbor Freight and bought this set of nylon pry bars: http://www.harborfreight.com/nylon-pry-bar-installer-kit-4-pc-69668.html . Set is almost always on sale, and I probably had a 20% off + free flashlight coupon.

These -- any of the four, really -- are the nuts for taking off the headlight bezel and speaker grills: hard and thin enough to get the job done, and soft enough not to mar or scratch anything. If you don't have a HF nearby, I think most auto parts stores have similar stuff. And I believe the Vic special tool is something like that, too, FWIW, and probably way over-priced.
Thanks for the link! :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
The headlight chrome ring just pries out with your fingers. No special tool needed and no scratching.

Rob

·
13,043 Posts
Jim
don't be so mysterious about what you need we will help you.
Just tell us what your going to do and maybe we can save you time and money.
As far as dealer selling you tool thats a big maybe. Its all how much they like you

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I've always thought the right tool is the one that works and paid very little attention to recommendations. Here's a link that may help but note that several of the items may be sold to dealers only.

https://polaris.service-solutions.com/DisplayByCategory.aspx?cat=5
Ammo: interesting link -- thanks.

Scotty: you're welcome.

Scotty & Jim: from Ammo's link (page 7), their Trim Removal Tool -- https://polaris.service-solutions.com/Detail.aspx?id=503 -- looks remarkably like two of the four of the Harbor Freight set (and more than twice the price).

·
Registered
372 Posts
You can buy those plastic trim removal tools on Amazon quite cheaply as well.

Rob

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Behold the power of Google!

·
13,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tools

I picked up the tools at harbor freight. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
VJ,
Thanks for the clarification! When I saw digital wrench and diagnostic cables I figured some of the parts would be a no go for non-dealers but I wouldn't have guessed it was dealer only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts