Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a loyds fuel system on my 2015 cross country, I also have cams, high flo air filter, and the loyds timing wheel. I had loyds do the settings, but I was living on the east coast NY and now I moved to Colorado and now the bike is running rich fouled out my spark plugs, I was told I had to change the settings to account for the altitude up here in Denver. Does anyone know what settings I should set the fuel manager to?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Which fuel controller do you have? If unsure, take a picture, and post it here.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
If you just want to know what to set it to and forget about it, I would e-mail Lloydz - he will be able to give you a quick and reliable tune based on what you've got. Mention to him you moved to high altitude.

If you would like to play a bit with it and learn a bit, the unit is very easy to program. Here are some instructions on how to tune it yourself.
Start with all the setting off or to the left.

Find a nice clear “closed course” to do the settings on.

GREEN: Run steady at 30 mph in second gear. Add fuel to the green until the surging stops, then add one full point.

YELLOW: Run steady at 30 mph in second gear. Smack the throttle and concentrate on the acceleration feel. You should notice it getting better as you add yellow. Keep adding yellow until the acceleration feels mushy, then back off one full point from that setting.

RED: Generally green plus one full point. If you want to play with it beyond that, try running at 60 mph in third gear. Do a hard roll on and concentrate on the way it pulls and how hard it pulls.

GREEN-BLUE: Leave off. If you have read Lloyd’s instructions you know what this setting does and if you need it or not. * This setting is used when Nitrous Oxide is going to be used. It will dump a butt-load of fuel into the engine when the nitrous oxide system is activated.*

RED-BLUE: Generally 2.5 to 3.

YELLOW-BLUE:Generally 2.5 to 3."

If you love technical stuff and this just wasn't enough, you can read more here:

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I had a VFCIII and tuned it with an air/fuel gauge and a wideband 02 sensor, pre-cams I got it pretty close. I tried the same thing after cams and using the air/fuel gauge I could never get it close. I found low RPM was rich and high RPM was lean. I removed the VFCIII and replaced it with a power commander and a "good" tune. The dyno sheet is the results. Using the VFC you're leaving out so much performance, I'm guessing you added cams for performance. Same bike, same dyno one week apart. Look at the difference. Red is VFC blue is Power Commander.

I wish I could answer your settings question but there isn't any setting that work after cams.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thanks a lot I will be removing the Vfc and replacing with a power commander and a fine tune. Appreciate it brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts