Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Vegas 8 Ball back in Sept after spending 5 years on 09 Busa
Ride is relaxed but I have to admit I miss the brutality of the Bus

Thing is I am not convinced that my Vegas is a 2011 (which the dealer claims it to be) cos I've seen pictures of the '11 which has the chrome cheese wedge. I have an all black cheese wedge which I see on all 2012 Vegas 8 Balls

Anyone can tell me if there is a surefire way of differentiating the '11 & '12?

I need to know cos it seems most aftermarket parts specify items to fit 06-11 & not many '12s ie Arlen Ness Front Lowering, Exhaust, Seats etc

Are there actually a differences between the two model years?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
...Thing is I am not convinced that my Vegas is a 2011 (which the dealer claims it to be) cos I've seen pictures of the '11 which has the chrome cheese wedge. I have an all black cheese wedge which I see on all 2012 Vegas 8 Balls
Chese wedges are so easy to swap - no tools needed. So, don't go by the wedges. What's your VIN#?

The VIN holds a letter denoting the year. Below is the list of what the letter signifies:
10th Digit Model Year

8 2008
9 2009
A 2010
B 2011
C 2012

D 2013
E 2014

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will have to check that later cos its 4 am here in wet Brunei...

However, can anyone clarify if there is a difference between the '11 & '12 Vegas 8 ball?

cheers

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

However, can anyone clarify if there is a difference between the '11 & '12 Vegas 8 ball?

cheers
Yes, 2012 Vegas 8 Ball got an all black treatment, which the 2011 did not have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the Arlen Ness Front Lowering kit be compatible with 2012 bike?

:crzy:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Regardless of the year , I believe the forks are all the same 2008 and up ....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just confirmed that the 10th letter on my VIN is indeed "C" which wud mean my Vegas is a 2012 Vegas 8 Ball :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

cheers
Brunei!!! Holy crap- I almost moved there for a job 20 years ago. Always amazes me seeing where some people on here are from. Did you import your 8ball from Aust.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brunei!!! Holy crap- I almost moved there for a job 20 years ago. Always amazes me seeing where some people on here are from. Did you import your 8ball from Aust.
We have an authorised dealer here in Bandar Seri Begawan

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
We have an authorised dealer here in Bandar Seri Begawan
Is that right- wow!
I dont know of any other dealers in Asia other than in Seoul and Japan. There isnt any in KL or Singapore is there? I've never seen them. The guys in Seoul actually came to Sydney for the Indian launch- the Seoul shop is huge, but Ive never seen any on the road.

You are lucky mate thumb up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts