Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I currently am riding a vt1100 and am looking to buy a Victory for my next bike. The Shadow was my first bike and I have been riding every day rain or shine for the last 3 years. Thought this would be a good place to find useful info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded in my 2005 Honda VTX1300R for my 2013 CCT and have never looked back. I love my Cross Country Tour with all the creature comforts like lockable storage, wind protection, cruise control and a stereo. The wife likes the heated seats. The Honda was always dependable but never as comfortable.

-----------------------------------------------------------
2013 CCT
Boardwalk Blue

·
Registered
227 Posts
JBomb - You're far from the first to make that move. cheers

If you were over on the shadow forums, you might recognize a few names over here now as well.

I couldn't give up my Phantom, so I kept it. Maybe I'll let the wife ride it, if she's nice to me :rolleyes:

Welcome, you'll find a lot of good info here.

Dan

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome Jbomb831. First bike I have ever ridden was a 1995 Shadow VT1100.

·
Registered
37 Posts
JBomb - You're far from the first to make that move. cheers

If you were over on the shadow forums, you might recognize a few names over here now as well.

I couldn't give up my Phantom, so I kept it. Maybe I'll let the wife ride it, if she's nice to me :rolleyes:

Welcome, you'll find a lot of good info here.

Dan

I've got a Shadow Phantom that also collects dust!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yep... Honey's Shadow has a good layer on it too. She like the back of the Vic. My VTX is starting to fade away also now that my son lives in SC. Time to sell.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I traded my '99 1100 ACE in for a new 2011 Kingpin. The Shadow was an excellent bike that I had since new and had put about $6K of shiny bits n stuff on it. Very reliable, good looking with lots of compliments and it still put a smile on my face every time I fired it up. Just under 60,000 on the odometer. I would have liked to have kept it as well but just couldn't afford to keep both.

I'd been test riding the KP since they first came out and I just kept putting it off because there was really nothing wrong with the Shadow. I eventually got an offer I just couldn't refuse so I made the change. I don't have many years of riding left and I'd never forgive myself if I didn't at least try.The best things I switched for was comfort (I am a growing boy) and torque. At almost double the horsepower there is just no comparison.

If you've been following the threads on the forums for awhile you'll already know there are some things about the Polaris products that just don't measure up to the reliability of the Honda. It's definitely better than the biggest competitor though. With the Honda, I just got on and went with not a care in the world. This one, not so much. You'll notice lots of noises. Also, somehow I ended up with another bike with a crappy selection of replacement tires because of the wheel size. If the bike you go with has the 16" wheels you'll have a better selection. Lots of twisty's here, the majority of the roads actually, that the Shadow could easily leave the Kingpin behind on.

In the end though I still think I made the right choice. Getting out on the road, the KP puts that same smile on my face. Did I mention the torque?

Go for it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi guys,
I currently am riding a vt1100 and am looking to buy a Victory for my next bike. The Shadow was my first bike and I have been riding every day rain or shine for the last 3 years. Thought this would be a good place to find useful info.
My other scoot is an Aero! Nice bikes! These Vics are a different breed entirely tho' ... Have you taken one out yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My other scoot is an Aero! Nice bikes! These Vics are a different breed entirely tho' ... Have you taken one out yet?
Not yet I only recently discovered victory motorcycles. I was hoping Victory would do a demo day like HD in my area but nothing in the Monterey bay any time soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude I just went to a demo day, got on a Vegas 8ball and bought one the next day. You HAVE to ride one of these guys. Amazing. I too traded in a 2007 Honda Shadow for this bike. I will miss my old bike (first bike and all), but I think I made the right choice...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up buying after a ride at the demo day, they had a $750 off coupon for anyone who took a bike out for a ride so I couldn't pass that up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Congrats the Gunner is a great choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts