1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I was chatting with epson a few hours ago and he directed me to this news......I wounder if this has anything to do with why I have heat and buffeting issues :wink

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found out what "he" the owner was doing. Since it was inside information I would rather not say on an open forum, but I can say he wasn't ripping off customers.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That's where I bought my new XCT, in Jan. 2012 (rode it home, about two hours from there, in March 2012). He certainly didn't rip me off: I got $2850 off list ($3000 off list, but $150 setup charge or something like that) -- I think there was a Victory-to-dealer rebate thing going on that month -- and also I got to use a Vic veteran's coupon for more off that. And he gave me what I think was a fair price for my Burgman 650 trade-in. And no storage charge for the two months my bike was there, until the snow was gone from the roads. Bob, the owner(?), said he made about $250-$300 per bike, and they sell (sold?) a lot. By contrast, my local dealer would only go $500 off list, and I offered them a chance to get in the ballpark (and as my friend said, they got 100% of nothing).

I found three articles on the raid, but they don't say much:

Police investigate possible fraudulent activity at Stafford Spri - WFSB 3 Connecticut
State Police investigating Stafford Springs cycle shop | FOX 61
State Police Raid Shark Cycle In Stafford | Patch

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Its too bad for the employees of Shark, I liked the people working there always great to deal with or just shot the crap with.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its too bad for the employees of Shark, I liked the people working there always great to deal with or just shot the crap with.
They were just on a hiring blitz. Sales people, clothing sales. And, they are still posting ads on their Facebook page as recently as this morning. However, now it look like the page is completely deleted...

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well the Shark Cycles web site is finally down.
"Website is closed due to Maintenance. Please check back later." Right...later, in about 20 years to Life .... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would love to know the story , I have been there 6-7 times , it was a nice shop . I feel bad for the employees ....

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to Shark Cycle yesterday, they have a 50% sale on Vic clothing and helmets going on. I picked up a Polaris Slingshot helmet for $200 (normally $400). It's very light (carbon fibre) and very comfy.

Wayne, the parts guy, said they were open the day after the police raid. Bob (the owner) was also there. There was only one Vic on the floor, but almost all the Victory signage was removed - only the big "Victory" sign still hanging out front.

Bob said they are probably either going to focus on just used bikes or perhaps bring in Yamaha or Suzuki, but they are no longer a Vic dealer.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I went to Shark Cycle yesterday, they have a 50% sale on Vic clothing and helmets going on. I picked up a Polaris Slingshot helmet for $200 (normally $400). It's very light (carbon fibre) and very comfy.

Wayne, the parts guy, said they were open the day after the police raid. Bob (the owner) was also there. There was only one Vic on the floor, but almost all the Victory signage was removed - only the big "Victory" sign still hanging out front.

Bob said they are probably either going to focus on just used bikes or perhaps bring in Yamaha or Suzuki, but they are no longer a Vic dealer.
You could've PMed me, and I would've gone with you. I was just doing honey-do chores, and honey is outta the country at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoops. There wasn't an end date on the email, so they may still have things on Monday...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Whoops. There wasn't an end date on the email, so they may still have things on Monday...
No, dipwad, I don't need to BUY anything. I'm just trying to meet up with you, see a rare blue XCT, have another one of those two-foot-long hot dogs down the road from there, go for a ride, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,973 Posts

That is one cool looking helmet and sounds like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got one of those helmets as well. Super lightweight due to the carbon fiber. The only full faced helmet I have ever ENJOYED wearing.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
No, dipwad, I don't need to BUY anything. I'm just trying to meet up with you, see a rare blue XCT, have another one of those two-foot-long hot dogs down the road from there, go for a ride, etc.
Made me spill my coffee, ha ha

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Wow! That's messed up! As a veteran, it pisses me off! I'm glad they got busted!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I bought my XC before they started the scheme and it was a used vehicle so they couldn't have used me. Anyway, I've met all three of the accused people at one time or another at the dealership, they always treated me decently....but you never do know now-a-days, sonny.... :rolleyes:
I hope they get what they deserve.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought my XC before they started the scheme and it was a used vehicle so they couldn't have used me. Anyway, I've met all three of the accused people at one time or another at the dealership, they always treated me decently....but you never do know now-a-days, sonny.... :rolleyes:
I hope they get what they deserve.
That has been my experience also. Just goes to show you, you never know who you're dealing with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts