Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

She goes to the dealer tomorrow.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  NJ8BALL 
#1 ·
Dropping off my pin tomorrow, clutch or something primary making noise, noisy lifters and bubbling paint on my tank.

7k miles its too soon for this headache. I posted on ma vic Facebook, that guy was helpful, said he would have cs get in touch with me. Feeling a change in rides coming for me once I have it paid off I think.
Warranty better cover this mess.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Just dropped her off for a check on the clutch, shoddy paint job on tank and valve tap. Tech thinks vic won't warranty the tank. I have 5 extended warranty, they sure as hell better.

The clutch does not slip if I hammer it on the highway.

As soon as I can its getting traded in I think.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Well frank gave me an offer of 6k for trade in, he wants me to get what to that level so I don't screw myself. Been eye balling yamaha and kawasaki, hd and. Triumph.

Will have to see what he has come next year tax check time. I might do a vic but the depends on how these issues are handled. I do love my pin she handles great. But this talk of poor customer service is a negative for me. Time will tell

#7 ·
NJ8Ball, I came here from an HD. I seriously doubt that you will find a better value and reliability there, it is why I am here. Comparable bikes are about the same price new and both depreciate terribly in the first year. The Victories average less problems the first year but if you are one having those problems it may not seem that way to you.

It is almost always better to address the real problems with a current bike than trade it for something new. Just my perspective on it.

#8 ·
Oh yeah no doubt, but I tend to get a bug up my ass when a corporation doesn't do anything for their customers. So, thats why Im waiting to see what they take care of. I do fear tech is gong to say my clutch is shot, which I highly doubt. I dont beat on my bike and with 7k on the clock that clutch should perfect. it dont slip at speed, make a lot of noise with a hard take off.

The HD is a slight maybe if I were to get out of this bike. I lean more towards Yamaha or Honda, they are usually trouble free I think.

#11 ·
Vrod would be out of the question for me. If anything it would have to be a bagger or tourer. Something I can stretch out on.

Besides the only HD i truly like it the Road Glide, but doubt I would get one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.