Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Cross Country and after an hour or so of riding I get a sticky butt and a little sore. aka " Monkey Butt".

I'm looking at some of the sheep skincovers out there and has anyone used these covers and do they help/ work?
I 'm looking at a size "Large". is this the correct size for my XC?

The 3 companies I'm looking at are below, has anyone bought a cover from one from these companies?
What has your experience been?

abbyinternational.net/large-seat-cover

www.alaskaleatheronline.com

www.wildthingsfur.com/sheepskin_seat_covers.asp

Joe

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
FWIW, we got our sheepskin at Walmart ... wife likes it ... Makes no difference for me tho.

·
13,040 Posts
sheep skin is great
been looking around town for some. Yes Vic riders get monkey butt cause of the vinyl seat.
Even been looking at wood beds.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought one for my Goldwing, way back when. The lady was really nice. I, if I remember right, tried to order the large. She wrote back and told me I needed the extra large. Used it for my iron butt a couple years ago. Works great. It mats down, but just fluff it up and it works fine. I used the same one when I bought my CCT. Works perfect. Just the right size. Kind of expensive, but she was VERY easy to work with. There was a problem with the procedure for ordering back then. She sent the pad BEFORE she got the money from me. Pretty awsome if you ask me. Especially this day and age. Oh yes, I bought the long hair version. Looks nicer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
amspecialitiesusa.com
Comfort Max Gel w/Sheepskin. Used one for 6 yrs. On a Stratoliner. Didn`t need on 2011 XC. After using a year a piece of wool came off. They sent me a new cover n/c. The gel with the wool extreme comfort winter or summer

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just ordered the new dual density foam/gel sheepskin covered pad. My bigger issue is cushioning and not heat, although less heat from the sheepskin ought to be an added bonus.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an Alaska Leathers XL on my CC. It s a little too big, but I transplanted it from a different bike. Used it for 4 years now.

Really helps the most in hot weather, IMHO. My butt still hurts, but at least I don't get swamp a$$.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Save some cash with walmart or auto parts store car seat cover. I bought one cut to size hemmed the edge added brass eyelets and used small bungees underneath. Worked a charm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts