Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock on my bike from center of heim to center of heim is 5 1/4in.

I ordered the 2in extension for my lower controls and the shortest shift linkage I was sent is 9in long, there is no way this can fit. Can anyone with this same mod measure their heim to heim for me and give me a ball park figure of the length of rod I need to go purchase?

here's how long the rod they sent me is in comparison to the stock unit...

Attachments

·
13,231 Posts
now wouldn't the heims be the same on all bikes.
Wouldn't you have to measure the rod to find out what you need.
Other words unscrew your rod and measure it

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now wouldn't the heims be the same on all bikes.
Wouldn't you have to measure the rod to find out what you need.
Other words unscrew your rod and measure it
I don't think they would be the same on all bikes...In 2010, victory moved the lower controls back 2 inches on the vegas low...so for prior years, with the controls being 2in forward, and then a 2in extension on top of that, it appears this longer rod wold work for that.

When I went and ordered it, I was asked to measure center of heim to center of heim...I guess since the linkage is somewhat adjustable this gets you close enough, I just think I may have been sent the wrong pre-packaged threaded linkage in my kit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Measure the length you need cut off the right hand threaded side to length, make sure it's the right hand threaded side not the left hand threaded side. Go get a thread cutting die and rethread. Problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts