Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you're a doityourselfer, you can buy some 5/16 steel rod and thread the ends. Remember that one of the die has to be left hand (5/16-24).

·
Registered
256 Posts
You might try Vic Works or Witch Doctors

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
My 09 Jack has the pedal extensions. Taking it back to stock but need a stock shift rod. Anyone got an extra?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
$88 is almost the same as $1000 :)

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
Yeah 88 bucks is a lot for what it is.
Every part that has the words "bike", "boat", or "aircraft" in front of it can cost many times more than if it has the word "car" in front of it even if it's the same exact part.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
That is very true like the old saying HD stands for Hundred Dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I think if you look around you can find something much cheaper. It may take a couple of days, but I'm sure you can.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woops, too many zeros in my original post. s/b $100. Just not worth it. VicPartsPro is a ripoff. All I need is the tube.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Might go ask the guys at The Vic Werks: (612) 240-8207

I've had good luck getting parts from them (including all the parts to put cruise control in my CC 8-ball)

·
Registered
4 Posts
eBay item number:
352897091961 How does $17 sound? Just for starters. Maybe measure the distance end to end of just the rod and go from there? :alien:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It's just a rod. I think other bike rods would work and are usually far cheaper.
Not like Polaris invented shifter rods.
HD shift rods are dirt cheap for example.
Not sure the differences in the diameter of the end eyes and the length of the shafts.
Find a HD and borrow their shifter rod to try it. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's just a rod. I think other bike rods would work and are usually far cheaper.
Not like Polaris invented shifter rods.
HD shift rods are dirt cheap for example.
Not sure the differences in the diameter of the end eyes and the length of the shafts.
Find a HD and borrow their shifter rod to try it. :)

Good observation. Turnbuckles for motorcycles are probably sourced through only a few manufacturers. You should be able to look up the specifications and make a match.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
That is very true like the old saying HD stands for Hundred Dollars.
HD = Hundred dollars
Victory = vive hundred dollars

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem the other day, could´nt find the original so I let the extensions stay. $88 is a ripoff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts