Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate my brake peg. I want a longer one more in front of my foot, not tucked in for my toe like the shifter.

These are listed for 2010 Cross Country. Anyone tried them or know if they fit? Can't imagine they would change the screw size on such a minor thing.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I hate my brake peg. I want a longer one more in front of my foot, not tucked in for my toe like the shifter.

These are listed for 2010 Cross Country. Anyone tried them or know if they fit? Can't imagine they would change the screw size on such a minor thing.
Which ones are you referring too? I carry a regular and a long version of some Avon shifter and brake pegs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops forgot to list #8856. THey are only 2 7/8" long though. What I would really like is longer shift peg, and a brake pedal. #7963 is the matching ISO Pedal. Anyway to put a Longer screw through it to mount it directly to brake lever? Show me the way to Avon, PLEASE!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Made my own brake pedal!

Made my own brake pedal. Works great for me.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Me, too! Victory has gone crazy giving us maximum unimpeded space on our large floor boards by giving us small out-of-the-way brake and shift controls that are too easy to miss completely. Missing a shift because of the very-narrow heel shifter is embarrassing, but missing the rear brake is BAD!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use HD stuff...works & fits great!

My Metal Monster has HD front & rear controls and a HD brake pedal...I love them (except it's pretty easy to lock the rear wheel with the big pedal)...;)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RogueRider... How did you mount the Harley pedal??? they don't use a screw in, already a pedal plate in place. I'm guessing you retapped the shift hole too, metric to English huh?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is that a one up or modified form another vendor? I certainly could live with that on both sides!

If your not selling them, details, details!!!
I took a piece of hard maple, bored a one inch hole about 2.25 inches deep in one end. It slips nice and tight over the rubber stub that's on there. I then cut down the outside to roughly 1.25 inch diameter, and slid some 1.25 inch id rings over it. Then just wrapped some leather inbetween and glued it. I put a 1.25 coin concho on the end just to make it look cleaner. Probably be easier if you have some tools. I do most everything by hand.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Noemtz: that's good except for the heel shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Noemtz: that's good except for the heel shifter.
Is your heel shifter lever an add on piece... or is it a one piece unit with toe shifter lever?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
It's the Victory accessory add-on heel shifter.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
It's the Victory accessory add-on heel shifter.
Kewlmetal just introduced their version of the add on heel shifter lever with a threaded peg I believe. You could go that route and match it with the toe shifter peg. I am trying to get hole and thread pitch size now so I can make verify fitment.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Kewlmetal just introduced their version of the add on heel shifter lever with a threaded peg I believe. You could go that route and match it with the toe shifter peg. I am trying to get hole and thread pitch size now so I can make verify fitment.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hmmm. Longer but a very bare, small, slippery looking target for the heel of my boot. Function first then style. Trailer queens don't need heel shifters nor brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Hmmm. Longer but a very bare, small, slippery looking target for the heel of my boot. Function first then style. Trailer queens don't need heel shifters nor brakes.
Style can be added to function with different pegs. cheers

1 - 20 of 46 Posts