Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000SC has developed what I believe to be a lazy shift ratchet spring, the shifter does not want to return back up after downshifting. my question, to replace the shift ratchet and spring does the clutch have to be removed??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I guess my decision now becomes one that is mostly phylosophical, if it were the shift ratchet or spring, I could probably handle that financially. getting into a shift fork I'll assume is going to run into big money as the motor would have to be removed and split. Would it be worth it for a 2000SC with 25k+. Do I have any other options?? Are there guys out there selling crated pre-Freedom motors with the rebuilt tranny?? I love my old girl, she runs like a scalded dog and fits me like a broken in Lazyboy. My heart is crumbling. Please help!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Get ahold of Rylan Vos 402-659-9655 he owns and operates the Vic Shop Inc.

He has engines from time to time he is selling. He also does and can instruct you on installing a 100/5 or 100/6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what parts are included in the trans upgrade? Does the upgrade come with new gear sets?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Check out my previous response. Call Rylan and he can tell you. Much simpler and faster than posting here and having to wait for an answer!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts