·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for a different shock on a 2011 Vegas 8ball

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
For the rear you can use Progressive- I have one and it made the world of difference. For the front get it re-oiled; I'm also using 10W which matches my Progressive very nicely.

thumb up

·
Registered
190 Posts
For the rear you can use Progressive- I have one and it made the world of difference. For the front get it re-oiled; I'm also using 10W which matches my Progressive very nicely.

thumb up
I have a Progressive 465 in my Kingpin and it is far and away better than stock. Much better ride, especially over the bumps that are jarring to the spine. The 465 soaks up the stutter type bumps very well. In fact, after I installed it my GF asked me if I had done something to the bike since it had a better ride (I didn't tell her). That validated my feeling that the ride was much better. I no longer find myself bracing for bumps, the shock soaks them up and my spine doesn't get abused.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Me three!...I fitted Progressive and agree wholeheartedly with all the above comments.
Evidently Penske is better still but out of my price range.
Progressive is fine for my needs and budget:)

Don't discount adjusting your stock shock for more pre-load though....we don't actually know your beef with the stock shock?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me three!...I fitted Progressive and agree wholeheartedly with all the above comments.
Evidently Penske is better still but out of my price range.
Progressive is fine for my needs and budget:)

Don't discount adjusting your stock shock for more pre-load though....we don't actually know your beef with the stock shock?
Its my girlfriends bike and she says it bottoms out loaded and not loaded I have not tried to adjust the shock yet

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its my girlfriends bike and she says it bottoms out loaded and not loaded I have not tried to adjust the shock yet
Sounds like the sag needs to be adjusted.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
ok well grab yourself a couple of shocky spanners, Vic sell em and so do ebay . slacken off the top locknut...mark the bottom one so you can count and record the number of turns down to stiffen it.
A spray of WD40 or similar will help the nut to turn, its hard as as under pressure from the spring.
Wind it down 2 turns and see how it is, when youre happy just sinch down the top locknut.
Theres a formula for setting the sag, google it , theres lots of explanations just find the one you understand best.
or just experiment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts