Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any Harley dealership, or Victory dealership should have them.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
I found a bicycle pump at K-Mart for $10 that works just fine. Another option is those little mini compressors they sell with the Slime product. Just plug it in to your power supply. They don't pump very fast in a tire but it's pretty quick in a shock.

If you find one like the one listed on ebay; just make sure it reads up to 70 psi. Google "bicycle pump".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a bicycle pump at K-Mart for $10 that works just fine. Another option is those little mini compressors they sell with the Slime product. Just plug it in to your power supply. They don't pump very fast in a tire but it's pretty quick in a shock.

If you find one like the one listed on ebay; just make sure it reads up to 70 psi. Google "bicycle pump".

Good call, used my bicycle pump on it today. Had the dealer put it to 20 lbs when I picked it up. Had only about 10 lbs when I checked today, pumped her up to about 25 lbs and can feel the difference.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just fyi.. I just ordered this from Amazon. It looks strangely exactly like the Victory one... :) Will see if it works...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Racing-Shox-Shock-027-00-007/dp/B001F212OK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1325647813&sr=8-2[/ame]

Victory pump for reference...
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Vision-Cross-Roads-Country/dp/B0049VXTOK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1325647868&sr=1-1[/ame]

·
Registered
109 Posts
That was my plan until I saw the Fox one that looked exactly the same for 1/2 the cost..

We'll find out if it was a bad decision... :D

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Google "Shock Pumps" and you will get a plethera of shocks for mountain bikes that are far cheaper than harley or Victory labeled units nad better in quality as well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Amazon

I've got the victory pump. Works great. Got it from amazon.
I just bought a pump from amazon too. I signed up for their credit card and got $10.00 off the cost. With shipping that is $18.xx. It looks like the victory pump except it says Fox Shok or something like that. Like others...we will see lol How much is the pump from Victory? I see they have some on Ebay for $60+ ...

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Can anyone suggest a good place to get the rear shock air pump for the XC?

The shock pumps from Polaris are Fox Shocks pump. We are a dealer for Fox shocks so we are getting a hold of our rep to see the price we can get them at. Looks like just on the retail side of things there is a huge difference. Polaris sells them for $69.99 and Fox sells them on their site for $29.99. So once I know I will let you all know the price we will have them for. thumb up

·
Registered
152 Posts
For interests sake; bicycle pump does not have the check valve in it, so when your undoing it from your air nipple, it loses air.

The Progressive pumps with various logo's like HD or Vic etc will not leak when undoing them after pumping up the shock

Cheers

Good call, used my bicycle pump on it today. Had the dealer put it to 20 lbs when I picked it up. Had only about 10 lbs when I checked today, pumped her up to about 25 lbs and can feel the difference.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The shock pumps from Polaris are Fox Shocks pump. We are a dealer for Fox shocks so we are getting a hold of our rep to see the price we can get them at. Looks like just on the retail side of things there is a huge difference. Polaris sells them for $69.99 and Fox sells them on their site for $29.99. So once I know I will let you all know the price we will have them for. thumb up

Dang it! I ordered the Polaris one from you months ago....for $59. Oh well it is a well made pump and mine says Victory on it - :D
It really pays to shop around, good find on the Fox pumps

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Dang it! I ordered the Polaris one from you months ago....for $59. Oh well it is a well made pump and mine says Victory on it - :D
It really pays to shop around, good find on the Fox pumps
I'm sorry! I never thought about it before. I think we will be selling the fox pump for about $25. once I know for sure I will let everyone know.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts