Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a new 2008 Vegas and am looking for pipes. There are so many different kinds i dont even know where to start. I am looking for a low rumble but nothing obnoxious. Any suggestions?

·
13,185 Posts
Power and performance get Vic's 2 into 1 there not loud

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Try using the search feature this subject has been covered a bunch of times. You will find in all of the previous threads you will be referenced to you tube.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Stay away from Shotgun pipes without baffles. Mine are so loud that I can't hear my buddies ZX14 with open Brocks exhaust while cruising right behind him. When we both hit it, mine drowns his out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pipes for 08 Vegas

i just bought a new 2008 Vegas and am looking for pipes. There are so many different kinds i dont even know where to start. I am looking for a low rumble but nothing obnoxious. Any suggestions?
I to have a New 08 Vegas Premium and want to get new pipes. I like the sound of the 2 into 1 exhaust, but not the looks. Would have bought the Victory X-Bow's except they don't work on the 100ci engine. They sound alot like the 2 into 1s. Now I have turned my attention to the New Slash-Ness Pipes that look alot like the X-Bows. If anyone can give any feedback on the sound of the newer Slash-Ness exhasut it would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been thinking of a stage 1 with pipes myself for my '11 Vegas, but with the power loss I don't think I can justify it. Would love to up the sound a little bit, but not at the expense of power.

Anything out there that increases performance but isn't obnoxiously loud? Heard shotguns on a 2009 Hammer and they sounded great - looking for that level of sound.

·
Registered
442 Posts
as half_crazy knows, i have a thor and agree they are a great pipe if not a little loud for me at open throttle (easy to fix if you find they are too loud for you too- it's a personal thing).

I also vouch for metric thunder as that's where I got mine and the service was as good as the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have run Shotguns, Slashness and now the Thor. I wholeheartedly agree with everything Half_Crazy said...get a Thor. Here is my summary of the pipes I have run:

Shotguns: If you remove the baffles and put in lollipops they will make your eyes bleed. They make decent power on a stock motor with an S&S airbox but the head pipes are too small and they fall on their face around 95 hp / 106 tq.

Slashness: They make very good horsepower/torque but you have to run a PC3 to trim the cylinders, trying to tune with a VFC is very difficult. If you don't want to go the 2-1 route they are one of the best options.

Thor: the best of everything when it comes to horsepower and torque, and they are not obnoxiously loud until you crack into it, then they sound like an old chevy with glasspacks.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I had Vic Drags, SlashNess, and now Bassani. I should have bought the Thor. It fits closer to the bike, doesn't drag on the ground, and doesn't sound all trashy like the Bassani.

Unless you're doing over 130 HP, the Thor gives up nothing to the Bassani and makes better torque too.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Any particular reason, other than money, that you wouldn't switch from the bassani to the RPW? Just curious...

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Any particular reason, other than money, that you wouldn't switch from the bassani to the RPW? Just curious...
I have reached a point where I would be giving up some HP with the Thor, and the last thing I need is more low end torque. I like trashy sounding pipes anyway, but I wish it didn't drag on the ground.

·
Registered
442 Posts
What's the ID on thr bassani? The thor's core is huge. More then 2.5"! Is the bassani 3"?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Bill44039; said:
Anything out there that increases performance but isn't obnoxiously loud? Heard shotguns on a 2009 Hammer and they sounded great - looking for that level of sound.
They must have had baffles in them for sure.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i ask because the header lengths on the thor clearly aren't equal, and the collector is really nothing special, so unless the bassani core is massive, or there is absolutely no baffling, I don't see why it would outperform the thor at high flow rates.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
i ask because the header lengths on the thor clearly aren't equal, and the collector is really nothing special, so unless the bassani core is massive, or there is absolutely no baffling, I don't see why it would outperform the thor at high flow rates.
The baffle measures between 2-1/4" and 2-3/8"... hard to measure with the end cap on.

There are lots of factors besides flow. The headpipes on the Bassani are stepped. I don't think the Thor is stepped.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts