Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive had this bike for a full week today, been loving it. But today she decided she wanted a ride on a trailer and visit my local Vic shop........:mad: Something electrical, guess I will see what the shop comes up with hopefully soon as they are busy!!
Plus record heat in MN today...twas a crappy afternoon

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My money is on loose battery cable(s). There are quite a few posts scattered through 4 Victory forums I read; dealer assembler didn't tighten enough - it happen way more often than it should.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 99 and we ruled out the battery before we unloaded it off the trailer. Everything powers up, just nothing to the starter. Good news is my factory seat showed up today so mamma is happy about that, no more thong pad to sit on. AND my friend works at Polaris Ind. here where I live and he can get me parts when we figure it out. Now just got to get it in somewheres. Hopefully be riding by next weekend

·
Registered
29 Posts
its a 99 and we ruled out the battery before we unloaded it off the trailer. Everything powers up, just nothing to the starter. Good news is my factory seat showed up today so mamma is happy about that, no more thong pad to sit on. AND my friend works at Polaris Ind. here where I live and he can get me parts when we figure it out. Now just got to get it in somewheres. Hopefully be riding by next weekend

"""Good news is my factory seat showed up today so mamma is happy about that, no more thong pad to sit on. """

heehee............my wife also had me replace the passenger seat on our previous Suzuki Boulevard with a Mustang seat....big difference when it comes to passenger comfort.

·
Registered
46 Posts
99 models die...

... when the items that share the ignition citcuit ground out- commonly therear turn signal wires. then tend to bub on the frame/fender and when the insulation goes & the bare wire touches metal you are dead in the water.

one of the less than proud engineering feat for polaris/victory designers that was quickly changes in subsequent years.

check for both blown fues and bare wire.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shop called tues after having it a week, said it needed a starter. Ordered it, now its a hope and a prayer to get it by tomorrow and installed so i can pick it up for the ride bright and early saturday morning. I'm upset about the timing of it all, I know its not entirely the shops fault, but some brighter side, I have a for sure bike to borrow for saturday, a Yamaha Venture, also another friend has a Soft Tail that he is borrowing out but it that guy doesnt need it (he's borrowing it to see if he wants to trade in his King Pin :mad:) than I can use that as well. So at least I will make the ride, just prefer it to be on my own bike. Also the factory seat I ordered showed up, needs to be installed, and the backrest I found is due tomorrow, that might not get installed by saturday should I get it back tomorrow night. cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts