Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Shorter shift rod?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RICZ 
#1 ·
I was looking at trying to move the shifter to the rear of the three movement holes to see if I like it better. Quickly found out that the stock threaded rod is too long to allow that.

Searching Google I'm finding people moving it the other way and using aftermarket rods that are longer. I'm not finding shorter rods.

I know I could cut it but I'm not wanting to do that since I don't know if I will like the closer position.

Does anyone have a source for shorter rods? Looks like $80 from Vic to buy a rod that I would have to cut on...

#4 ·
Not sure if standard thread or metric. But I suspect metric. But most hardware stores or maybe Home Depot/Lowes even should sell some threaded rod. Measure up about what you need and go for it. Or may be able to find a piece of rod and thread it yourself. Hard part would be if one side is left thread and the other right. Try looking here. Might have to hunt around to find right size, but around 1/4 would be rite.

#5 ·
Yes that is the issue one side is left threaded other side is right. That's how the adjustment works.
I'll keep an eye on eBay maybe find cheap one that someone swapped with one of those fixed length versions.

#6 ·
Figure out bolt size. Then you know what size rod end. Then radious rods come in different lengths

#7 ·
I have my shifter on the aft hole and bought an accessory rod from Witchdoctors that works fine. Try them. I got mine at a nice price on their closeout pages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.