Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chrome shotgun performance pipes that I plan to powder coat black. My initial intent was to remove the entire pipe(s) but after looking closer at the bike, it appears that I should be able to simply remove the heat shields that are attached to each pipe via hose clamps? Is it that simple or am I missing something?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Should be able to if you are just powder coating the shields. But quite often the shields (or sections of) are put on when the pipes are off the bike, so some of the clamps may not be very easy to reach.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the exact pipes. I have had them off and the taken the shields off too. I looked at the clamps before taking the pipes off and determined it was more or less impossible to get to all the clamps. There are a few near the engine that you cannot see. Taking them off is fairly easy though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07: I've looked pretty close and I only see two hose clamps per pipe. Both of them seem to be accessible so my assumption is somebody had them off before and put them back in a way to make for easy removal in the future. Are there other clamps that I'm not seeing?

Also, there are two allen-wrench type screws on the back of each pipe. Do they need to be removed as well?

Thanks man...

·
Registered
86 Posts
There are atleast 3 clamps per heat shield. I took the 2 on the straight part loose and couldn't get it to come off. I honestly think there is 4. 2 on the straight part, 1 in the each curve and one at the near the top. The 2 allen wrench bolts if I remember right hold the tips on. The are at the very end of the pipe. To take the shield off they do need to come off.

I took mine of to have them blasted and ceramic coated. Dropped them off and they said it would be much longer then expected so I put them back on.

good luck and post pics once they are done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts