Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,959 Posts
Good deals are out there. Expect around $10k for a XCT.

The important thing is buy it with everything you think you might want. Aftermarket accessories are gone other than occasional unicorns. OEM accessories can be found on FB sale groups but you'll be paying premium for them used.

Seat height is probably not as much of a factor as bar reach unless you have monkey arms. You'll need aftermarket bars to get them back where you can manage. +2 is common but there are vertically challenged bars that are +3.
XC you sit more on top rear wheel than other brands so you get lots of room for long legs and arms. It's an interesting design choice unique to Victory. Wheelbase is near identical to a Harley or other cruiser but the seat position makes it feel bigger.

Try thevog.net too.
You really need to sit on one before buying. That's what I did when I found one at local dealer sat on it there then went and bought one off private seller. Nice old dude that decided to quit riding.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Given your location in the south I doubt you would ever need heated grips and seat but those are factory on tour models. Avon makes decent aftermarket heated grips plenty of threads on that. Aftermarket seats are not cheap but available from ultimate Corbin etc. I sold my heated seat to recoup some cost I found it to be uncomfortable but the man I bought bike from was not small I think it was worn out.

I have ape hangers on my bike but they are rolled back/down towards me. Really my arms could use a little more bend but I can ride 6 hours or more and I'm fine.

Helibars are heli expensive at $750 but give you lot of reach and lots of adjustment options. I was not a fan but many people like them.

If the bike has the standard U shaped bar you can figure most aftermarket bars will be +2 inches closer to the seat. Companies like FMB choppers can make their bars longer if necessary but you would need to extend hoses and wiring. Gas cap is good fixed point of reference if you are going nuts searching online for photos of different bars.

Good luck and hope that local dealer has one in stock. Vinish I know has bought out of state and rode home. Easy to do that on these bikes if you are willing. Assuming you can sit on a local bike first to size it up. :)

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Sounds like you are set so you can shop around.
As you know prices will be falling soon as the riding season ends for us in the north.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Good looking bike.

Cross roads is similar but once you go fairing you can't go back to a windshield bike. :)

Oh and if you do find a XC or XCT you'll need an iPod for built in music support or a Bluetooth adapter to connect to phone. I think I paid $100 for an iPod few years ago it's been worth it even though I hate iTunes software I have 3 days of music playing on random.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I put an ad on Craigslist asking if anyone had an old Ipod that they would sell or give away. I got an answer from a lady who just gave me an old one. Old I-Pods are worth pretty much nothing nowadays. I loaded a ton of my digital music on it using a non-proprietary software that takes the place of I-Tunes. Since I hate Apple and everything to do with Apple, I was very glad I could find an alternative to polluting my laptop with I-Tunes :)
Curious what the alternative is. I ended up installing iTunes but it's a pain in the rear to change the music on the device. No way to delete from iTunes I have to delete whole thing from Windows and that forces factory reset on the iPod. Then add all the music back on that I want. iTunes itself is set to not run and only is on when I need it but the software is definitely awkward. Ironically I do need to create an apple account to register all the digital movie copies I have codes for.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Thanks.
I believe the newer models have Bluetooth built in the stereo. The 2107 XC I rode had Bluetooth when I scrolled through the stereo modes. I’m not sure what year they started that though. I hate I tunes and would buy a Bluetooth adapter before I used I tunes. We have a “bike ride” play list on Amazon music that we play while riding. Don’t need a Wi-Fi connection to play it. I’m going to try and buy 2014 or newer XCT.
The Magnum bikes and maybe the final year for XC switched to USB and Bluetooth. 2010+ will have the 30 pin iPod connector. There is an expensive Bluetooth adapter I think $100 that lets you change tracks and a cheap $15 one that you can only change volume with no control of tracks.

The Bluetooth bikes will have different buttons on the left grip. All the others look the same as cruise buttons on right side.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
The 30 pin Bluetooth adapters are easy to use so I wouldn't worry too much on having it built in. It will power on when you start bike so your phones should have no issues.

There is a dongle for sending Bluetooth out to headsets but that is a Victory/Sena add-on that goes in the fairing. Sometimes they show up on eBay. I personally prefer to listen from the bike speakers.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
The handy thing about XC and XCT they have a GPS input in fairing that interrupts all other audio.

Should get similar experience if your GPS is also your tunes though.

Reactions: Jbuscaino

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Any GPS can use the factory connector with a little work. I use a TomTom dedicated GPS on trips.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Shorter aftermarket windshield
OEM backrest and looks like OEM seat probably heated since it's a tour.
Looks like might be OEM handlebars
Low miles.

Reactions: Jbuscaino

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
You buy one yet? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts