Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just had the rpw big slash installed with the loydz tuner and IAV valve.Do you guys think i should have them dyno tuned to see if the setting are set correctly? I am getting a small amount of popping ! just talked to kyle at kmc sports and he said he would do it for me!I just want you guys opinion if its worth the $$$$ to do the tune!! thanks!!!:crzy::crzy::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
634 Posts
A dyno tune will get your VFC set correctly but, that's not going to guarantee the popping will be totally gone. Just the nature of the beast!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i am going to bring the bike down to kyle just to make sure my settings are on the $$$ and for peace of mind! I wanna make sure i am getting all i can from what i paid all that $$$ for!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
from alli read, popping on decel is normal and not just on vics

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
931 Posts
btw how much doesa dyno tune run?

·
Registered
146 Posts
btw how much doesa dyno tune run?

The posts I've read on this site report $400 to $500 and that is probably the case if they go to someone experienced. I paid $900 for 7 hours on the dyno tuner but I think my bike was the first Victory he had ever done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
from alli read, popping on decel is normal and not just on vics

My Shiver pops and burbles on decel /downshifting. I love it .
It beat's low rpm shift engagement hammer noises on the vics .

·
Registered
813 Posts
The posts I've read on this site report $400 to $500 and that is probably the case if they go to someone experienced. I paid $900 for 7 hours on the dyno tuner but I think my bike was the first Victory he had ever done.
Wow that is high.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought the same thing, my car tuner charges $350 and that is for the tune and allows for me to come back and get tweaks done when I add new mods. I have about 8 hours of dyno time on my car at least.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called kyle he told me $150 for the dyno tune!! I would never pay $500 thats crazy!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
The going rate around here is about $250.00 for a tune. $100-150.00 for a diagnostic. $25.00 to $50.00 for one baseline run for anyone just looking for dyno numbers. A good tuner is worth the money. Kyle is a good tuner.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The posts I've read on this site report $400 to $500 and that is probably the case if they go to someone experienced.
Custom mapped Power Commander III, one cylinder at a time, AND the cost of the 1/4 turn throttle (installed) cost me $310. The bike runs perfect and fuel mileage went up 8 mpg.

No brainer....

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm amazed at how inexpensive dyno tuning is down there. In central BC, Canada where I live our shop charges $98/hr and generally takes 4-8 hours to tune a bike. During the summer there is a one week wait-list to get in because the next closest place would take 6 hours to drive to. How do your centres do it for so little?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I'm amazed at how inexpensive dyno tuning is down there. In central BC, Canada where I live our shop charges $98/hr and generally takes 4-8 hours to tune a bike. During the summer there is a one week wait-list to get in because the next closest place would take 6 hours to drive to. How do your centres do it for so little?
If it took 4 to 8 hours they'd need to refill the fuel tank twice. They charge $150 an hour here, but it only takes an hour and 45 minutes. Hell, a good tech could take the bike apart and put it back together in 8 hours!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts