Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lights

I have them and they work and look great. Easy install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lights

I have the LEDs. I switched all my lights to LED so that they are the same color. I have seen the halogen and they do put out a lot of light too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where did you pick up that lovely set of lights? I foresee a future project for my bike...

·
Premium Member
397 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I'm curious to know if there is any vibration issue with those brackets?

ie, when you hit some bumps, do the lights vibrate?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
They do vibrate very little and maybe a tad on a bump. In my post #26 you can see where I tried to tighten they up by adding a piece of rubber hose between the brackets and turn signals. This helped but not 100%, but that's alright. Silly as it may sound I think the small amount of vibration lets the car's see me better , either that or they are just so frigging bright. I can get behind someone on the road and put my headlight in their driverside mirror and it ain't to long before they move over.

The LED lights are very heavy and need some support , I have a pair of Big Bike Parts brackets on the way ( should be here this week ) to see if their brackets will eliminate any vibrations.

I will report back on how well they do compared to the Victory Police brackets, it will be a week or so as I have some other stuff on order and will wait to get it all to remove the fairing.

All in all I have been very happy with this set up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
LED Lights

The new LED lights from Big Bike Parts do not interfere with my FM radio.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I was looking at these but ended up buying just the brackets for like $60 since I had a pair of lights already. They are pretty stable for how far they hang over.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There's also a set of 'mini lights' ... same setup. I was thinking of going that route as I prefer the smaller, less 'obtrusive' look. Anyone have those installed?? How do you like 'em?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, so any better pics from anyone who has the Big Bike Parts lights installed?, preferably some close ups, some of where the wires got through the fairing, the clearances, the interior of the fairing etc., anything. Also, what source did you choose for your ground(s) and your acc power supply? and exactly where and to what did you wire the relay to ? I'm thinking of gong with the Halogens, they seem to be just fine and quite a bit cheaper than the LEDs.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the same bracket kit coming in, but I am using lights from Kapscomoto.com. I will get pics when I do the install, but I am doing it on a Cross Roads not the Cross Country. I am wiring it directly to the black and green plug (2 wires) in the headlight housing. Pic attached is from ******.net I tested it with a multitester and it is switched with the key, Yellow/Pink is Positive, black is Ground. Service manual lists it as the Fog Light, so that makes even more sense.

These are the driving lights I got, black to match the them I am going with (second Pic). Also got LED Wedge bulbs off amazon so they are the same colour temp as the HID's. These housings look closer to the stock headlight than the Ma Vic kit.
Two New Universal Cruiser Chopper Passing Fog Lights Bulb Lamp Motorcycle Light

Then I got the mounting hinge bracket from Motorcycle Innovations Canada

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking fro some additional wiring tips. Where did everyone tap into with what for this light set?, I see one previous post with a fog light plug?, not sure if that is even in the fairing for a CC or not. What's the best keyed power source to tap into?, do I need to run the red and green all the way to the battery? or is there a better method? any ideas, tips, tricks etc appreciated, pics helpful.

·
Registered
262 Posts
@XCcommander the wiring harness is the same on all Cross bikes as far as I know. That plug I tapped into for the fog lights, should also be present in the XC. It should be able to power the LED's fine, as it does on mine. the best thing about LED's is that they are considerably lower on the power consumption scale then regular bulbs. No need to run extra wires to the battery.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@XCcommander the wiring harness is the same on all Cross bikes as far as I know. That plug I tapped into for the fog lights, should also be present in the XC. It should be able to power the LED's fine, as it does on mine. the best thing about LED's is that they are considerably lower on the power consumption scale then regular bulbs. No need to run extra wires to the battery.
I believe that I may get the Halogens. They are a gift so I won't know for sure until I actually get them. If so, can I still wire the same way?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't have the service manual with me, but that plug is supposed to be for the fog/driving light kit, so it should be able to power the halogens fine. The bulbs aren't that big in driving lights.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
A friend of mind fabricated something like that for his judge the lights are too close to the turn signals and make it impossible to see them for oncoming traffic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts