Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this a while back thought I would share. winter time has me stoved up in the cabin so.

I did the 9mm casings in the wedge but ordered the center (USMC 1) from some guy I found thru this site.
Its kinda showing weather look and wear but I still like it. Oh my key is a 12G shotgun casing as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I love the look of the casings. Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I installed an aftermarket keyless ignition (Digital Guard Dog brand) and this leaves a hole where the ignition/key mechanism is located since you remove this mechanism as part of the installation. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to put in this hole to improve the appearance? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I also have the DGD (not in my photos) but I have matching wedges on both sides with the hole. Best bet if you want to cover the hole is to replace the wedge badge with a solid one.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed an aftermarket keyless ignition (Digital Guard Dog brand) and this leaves a hole where the ignition/key mechanism is located since you remove this mechanism as part of the installation. Does anyone have a recommendation for what to put in this hole to improve the appearance? Thanks.
V I will go try to find the guy I purchased mine from he can make one to cover hole that fits perfect.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I bought these Whitewall Choppers wedges from a forum member. I think he might have sold them because he couldn't get them to fit. It did take a heap of modifying both the wedges and the brackets, but I got 'er done. They stuck out way beyond the tank and the hole for the lock was much too small, so some milling was in order. I do love a challenge. That is not a flattering photo - they are black, not blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Those are nice RICZ.
In response to OkieHoss above, VicWrapz.com website is still going and I create overlays for cheese wedges in lots of 'standard' designs, plus I can modify them to include anything you can dream up (such as adding your bike's name or a Victory logo, etc) or even throw the book out completely and come up with an entirely new design just for you. Custom work costs extra of course but it's not outrageous. Standard prints in the color of your choice are $16 for one side, with or without with the key hole cutout, and $28 for a pair, ready for you to apply over your stock wedges.

Here's one of my stock designs called "deco" in a popular color combination.

And while I'm bragging here is a new design (below). It's my own original takeoff on a Victory logo that is available in 3" and 6" widths for $3 and $6 respectively (postage included in the continental US). These are not active on the website yet so you'll have to PM me to purchase but there are several other Victory stickers on my site that are in stock for immediate shipment at this link www.vicwrapz.com/vicstickz/. Thanks for looking and ride it till the wheels fall off!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I'll try for a better photo.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just get the 106 cover like the right side. The base is same, both sides have the hole.

This is one source for it.
I paid this price for two on Facebook group.

https://buywitchdoctors.com/p/614483/cheese-wedges-victory-cross-country-engine-components-shop-parts-accessories-right-badge-custom-dynamics-sc-584/

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
You'll have to wait to see them in "total" with the new look for my XC... but till then, here's my cheesies in the raw :)

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I bought these online, the hole was missing, so had to be drilled, i block of aluminium machined, really nice

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I did this a while back thought I would share. winter time has me stoved up in the cabin so.

I did the 9mm casings in the wedge but ordered the center (USMC 1) from some guy I found thru this site.

Its kinda showing weather look and wear but I still like it. Oh my key is a 12G shotgun casing as well.
Ooh friggin rah! Hell friggin yeah! Semper fi! I love it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I went simple like Broggy. I'll have to find the pics

1 - 20 of 24 Posts