Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys after 9+ months I have decided to buy the heated Corbin Dual Touring Saddle. Only thing I am concerned about is side colors, and wilts.

Corbin no longer offers a catalog so they can apparently sale their saddles at a more competitive price.

So when checking out on the Corbin Website they have options. First off the seating area of all Corbin seats are leather. And they highly recommend the side panels be Vinyl. And the Wilt is also up to the customer.

A catalog with pictures of numerous side panel covers, and wilts would be very useful to me. But yet there is none.

So what I am looking for is Victory owner's preferably XC/XR owners:

What did you guys order? :D Pictures are worth a thousand words.

My Bike:

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
dual tour

Thanks. I know it's not a lot of miles by many folks standards, but did about 1k miles this weekend. No hot spots, but there was general being in the saddle fatigue.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. I know it's not a lot of miles by many folks standards, but did about 1k miles this weekend. No hot spots, but there was general being in the saddle fatigue.
So your saying, your pretty happy overall vs the stock saddle?

I've heard of a few people really liking Corbin saddles on several bikes. In all honesty I don't believe I have heard anyone with a Vision, or Cross Country be totally happy with Corbin on Long Range trips. Then I hear about breaking your Corbin in, only takes a few thousand miles.

It's debatable at that point if a person has just got used to the seat. Or if the seat really really does conform to the rider.

I have to be honest I didn't buy Corbin for the comfort. I bought for the looks, and high hopes it would conform to by buttocks. cheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'll try to get a pic of my Corbin seat tomorrow.

Last month I completed an 8,000+ mile ride (all four corners of the contiguous US). I decided to use a Saddlemen seat gel pad instead of the naked, hard Corbin seat and I'm glad I did!

That said, I know that Sonny Barger has a Corbin on his XCT and he rides with it exclusively, even on long rides (e.g. from Phoenix to San Jose and back).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I'm happy with it. I think Corbin says it takes a couple thousand miles to break in. Maybe it'll get better as I'm not quite there yet.

The bonus for me was the color options and how it looks.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to get a pic of my Corbin seat tomorrow.

Last month I completed an 8,000+ mile ride (all four corners of the contiguous US). I decided to use a Saddlemen seat gel pad instead of the naked, hard Corbin seat and I'm glad I did!

That said, I know that Sonny Barger has a Corbin on his XCT and he rides with it exclusively, even on long rides (e.g. from Phoenix to San Jose and back).
Wow that is a very long ride. One of these day I would love to do the same. What kind of gel pad did you use?

Well hell, if Sonny can do it. I can!!! cheers

Yes, I'm happy with it. I think Corbin says it takes a couple thousand miles to break in. Maybe it'll get better as I'm not quite there yet.

The bonus for me was the color options and how it looks.
I think yours looks great. I was thinking about going totally custom with the colors. But was afraid of resale value. You never know if I might need to trade my scoot in for a new 2016 XC with the 116ci motor. thumb up

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think if/when I get to the point of wanting a different bike, that this seat is going to be an issue for resale. If I had picked colors that looked odd with the bike color, perhaps.

But then I'm not going to concern myself with resale when I'm making the bike how I want it. Just not on my radar.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow that is a very long ride. One of these day I would love to do the same. What kind of gel pad did you use?
I used the Saddlemen gel pad for extra-large touring bikes.

The blog of my trip is here, if you're interested: richfeather.blogspot.com.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think if/when I get to the point of wanting a different bike, that this seat is going to be an issue for resale. If I had picked colors that looked odd with the bike color, perhaps.

But then I'm not going to concern myself with resale when I'm making the bike how I want it. Just not on my radar.
I understand bro. Make it yours in THE NOW!!! :)

I have found on at least 4 previous bikes, I had to pull off parts and put stock stuff back on to recovery some money. The bike market is savage in re sale. My current bike I have over 10k into upgrades and don't ever want to get rid of it. But the future always makes a person want to move on. Either way the seat goes with the bike in your case. And resale should increase if anything.

I used the Saddlemen gel pad for extra-large touring bikes.

The blog of my trip is here, if you're interested: richfeather.blogspot.com.
Hell yeah, I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

I'm not doing anything super special like that. But I'm riding 850 miles tomorrow in 1 day. Staying in San Jose. Then riding out to Hollister California for the one day custom Corbin seat. Then staying a few more days in Cali. Then off to Dublin. To visit the Arlen Ness building. Then back home to The Dalles, Oregon. Total trip Should be around 2,000 miles. Leaving tomorrow morning. thumb up

I might need to get a gel pad on my way there though. The stock oem seat on my bike is from a Cross Roads and its terrible long distance.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm not doing anything super special like that. But I'm riding 850 miles tomorrow in 1 day. Staying in San Jose. Then riding out to Hollister California for the one day custom Corbin seat. Then staying a few more days in Cali. Then off to Dublin. To visit the Arlen Ness building. Then back home to The Dalles, Oregon. Total trip Should be around 2,000 miles. Leaving tomorrow morning. thumb up

I might need to get a gel pad on my way there though. The stock oem seat on my bike is from a Cross Roads and its terrible long distance.
Sounds like a great ride. You might want to check out Spirit Motorcycles (Indian/Victory) while you're in San Jose. It's a new dealership and the owners are fantastic.

Be safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts