1 - 20 of 2057 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
My new toy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi- very nice bike you have! I have a black 2011 and am curious about a few things I see on yours.
1. Where did you get the nice sheepskin? Looks nicely fitted.
2. Same question on the windshield?
3. The saddlebag guards are bigger and look like better protection than the Victory accessory ones that I got. Mine do not have the angled bar that I see on yours. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Info

Hi- very nice bike you have! I have a black 2011 and am curious about a few things I see on yours.
1. Where did you get the nice sheepskin? Looks nicely fitted.
2. Same question on the windshield?
3. The saddlebag guards are bigger and look like better protection than the Victory accessory ones that I got. Mine do not have the angled bar that I see on yours. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!
Got the seat cover at: http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-template/Buttpads/Page
The windshield is a 17" Cee Baileys : http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/victory_2010_ws.html
The guards really put the Polaris ones to shame, plus when combined with the highway bars afford full tip over protection. They are available thru my dealer: http://www.arizonavictory.com/

Jokerman

·
Registered
154 Posts
New ride!

Picked up new 2011 Cross Country this week! Traded in an 06 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Delux Midnight. Am very happy with the new ride! Was a little "confused" by the dealer, and assumed the accesories would be intalled prior to pick-up, but I did not ask ahead of time, so I guess I'll install them myself. Dealer wanted to charge more after the fact for installation. Ordered her with the flip windshield, highway pegs, driver and passenger back rests, and a center stand. I got a really good deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Picked up new 2011 Cross Country this week! Traded in an 06 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Delux Midnight. Am very happy with the new ride! Was a little "confused" by the dealer, and assumed the accesories would be intalled prior to pick-up, but I did not ask ahead of time, so I guess I'll install them myself. Dealer wanted to charge more after the fact for installation. Ordered her with the flip windshield, highway pegs, driver and passenger back rests, and a center stand. I got a really good deal.
Hey sgtfixit let me know how the center stand works out. If you like it and ease of use. Thought about that myself but didn't pull the trigger on that one. I haven't had a bike with a center stand since the early 80's, sure was nice for allot of differant reasons.

·
Registered
381 Posts
New XC

Congrat's on the new ride. I went from a Boulevard 109 to my new XC. A world of difference from the jap bikes, for sure! Glad to hear you got a good deal. I did not get much of a discount but my dealer included free installation of all my goodies. This included a power commander with dyno map & also a custom exhaust system for free. GOOD LUCK & STAY SAFE.
JOKERMAN

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanx...will do...I bought a RIVCO centerstand for the previous Yamaha for ease of maint. etc. Will never go without one again! Still waiting on my grab rails and windshield, but will intall everything else this weekend! Too bad it's supposed to rain all weekend. A ride would be nice!

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Whoohooo! You got a blue one too!

Yeah. The sales end of things and the service end of things are very separate. Unless you worked out a deal to have them installed you will either pay the service dept. to do it or do it yourself. The center stand would be the only thing that might take more than a rudimentary bit of mechanical ability and even that is probably just a bolt on thing. A lift would help greatly though.

I should pick mine up tomorrow. The local dealership owner said it's probably the only blue one they will get for 2011. Very pretty color blue in the sun, eh!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Installed the pass backrest, hwy pegs, and centerstand today. They are pretty simple to do if you can turn a wrench. Had to lay on the floor most of time to do the centerstand. TIP...ensure you have an 8mm allen bit and a 24mm socket before tackling the install. AND the security bolts that come with the backrest are crap. got them 1/2 way in and the bolt broke. Toss them and get your own if you want to perm mount the backrest. Is not mentioned anywhere, but it is really easy to pop up on the stand, but leave room to "ride off" of it, especially if your garage floor is slippery! I am getting the flip windscreen, pass grab rails, and driver backrest next week sometime. I'll throw up another pic once I install all the goodies. AND BBob...yes, I saw the blue after test riding a black one...and new it was for me! I was the first 2011 sale at the shop! 2k in goodies, 7k trade-in, and asked for 1k off for ret. military...paid 18.5k OTD. Now to RIDE!

·
Registered
35 Posts
2011 XC in Oklahoma Mountains

Here are pictures of my 2011 XC in Oklahoma in November 2011 in SE Oklahoma. We do have mountains in Oklahoma.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 2057 Posts