Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2059 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
wow nice ride ...lol i meant to type 2012 8) slip of the digits !!! sig says sold? what are you riding now?

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
wow nice ride ...lol i meant to type 2012 8) slip of the digits !!! sig says sold? what are you riding now?

Ride Safe,

Rob
He can tell you about his current ride but I bought his bike. Between my wife and I, we have four 2012 XCT so I can confirm that they were available in 2012 :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

Ride Safe,

Rob
I purchased a used 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 scooter last (2016) Fall, rode that and the XCT late last year and early this year, and decided that I preferred the scooter. So I sold the XCT a few months ago (see http://www.victoryforums.com/12-motorcycles-sale-wanted/187306-highly-farkled-2012-xct-sale.html).

In a way, this was going back one bike: I owned the same model scooter, bought new in 2007, until 2012 ... when I traded it in on the XCT.

Nothing wrong with the XCT, certainly, but at 69 years old, and with a left hip that needs annual cortisone shots or it feels even older, I was finding the bike -- at times -- too heavy and too hot for me. Also, while it's a stupendous two-up machine, my wife was hardly ever joining me lately, mostly as a result of some of her own medical issues.

So the Big Burger is a better match for me, at this time. A couple of months ago, I did my second track day on it; see Non-Sportbike Track Day, Palmer, MA, 08/21/2017, which includes links to a couple Vimeo videos at the end, that I took on the scoot. Got it up to 93 that day on the straight, so I'm not completely over the hill yet, can still enjoy spirited riding, etc.:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
He can tell you about his current ride but I bought his bike. Between my wife and I, we have four 2012 XCT so I can confirm that they were available in 2012 :)

G'day,

Vinish
I should've waited for you to chime in -- the couple that has four '12 XCTs can school the rest of us on that model!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I should've waited for you to chime in -- the couple that has four '12 XCTs can school the rest of us on that model!
Well, quantity if no replacement for knowledge. All I can really do is assure folks that a 2012 XCT does, indeed, exist :) It would be cool to get a picture of the four bikes together but that's not going to happen as they are geographically far apart. Maybe I can get them photographed in pairs and then photoshopped together :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Whauw @Lutch good colour you chose, I like the looks of that scheme of stickers on the white colour....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Lurch....love the colors - makes that bike really outstanding. But you might want to cure that straight up license plate with the best laydown one. Click the link in my signature. I know, I know, shameless self promotion. :)

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Here is my latest......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Started off as a 2014 Missouri City TX Police XC bike.
Are they getting new ones or changing to something else?

I used to live there and remember talking to a couple guys right after they had ridden them back from AZ where they trained on them. They loved them.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Started off as a 2014 Missouri City TX Police XC bike.

I used to live there and remember talking to a couple guys right after they had ridden them back from AZ where they trained on them. They loved them.
Not to hijack this thread but I just started a new post asking what happened to all the Police Departments who had committed to Victory Police Units - are they still in operation or were those programs immediately dismantled and replaced with a brand that was still in existence? If you have any knowledge please share it there thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts

They are slowly switching to HD or another brand. They were not getting the support they needed from dealerships.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but I just started a new post asking what happened to all the Police Departments who had committed to Victory Police Units - are they still in operation or were those programs immediately dismantled and replaced with a brand that was still in existence? If you have any knowledge please share it there thanks.
I actually picked up servicing and supporting the few that are still in operation here in the Houston area. I got the go ahead from Mike Shultz over at Victory Police Motorcycles to be an authorized Victory Police Motorcycles Service center. So far the feelings are mixed. Some still love them, but feel left out. Others want to drop them like Victory dropped the line.

As for me, as long as they keep bringing them to me....I will continue to keep them on the road.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I actually picked up servicing and supporting the few that are still in operation here in the Houston area. I got the go ahead from Mike Shultz over at Victory Police Motorcycles to be an authorized Victory Police Motorcycles Service center. So far the feelings are mixed. Some still love them, but feel left out. Others want to drop them like Victory dropped the line.

As for me, as long as they keep bringing them to me....I will continue to keep them on the road.
Very cool - good for you. Man can you imagine being the purchasing agent who just finalized the changeover of your citie's complete motor fleet to Victory in December 2016? You go off on your Christmas Vacation certain that you're one smart cookie only to come back in January and find you're being drummed out of town, tarred and feathered, on a greased rail.

2001 - 2020 of 2059 Posts