Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Was wondering about police units myself. I used to be in that biz. First serviced/ repaired hands on. Then supervised the shop. Retired 2000. My replacement tried hard to get officers on to Vic's, but they [officers & brass] fought him all the way, wanted to keep the HD's.. I'll have to call him, as he's likely eating crow about now.....:( When I retired & he was taking over, I was trying for BMW's . But the same resistance came from the top. During the the time we were trying them, and in the [Honda] period beforehand...you would be amazed how many letters went to city hall, chiefs office, & front office @ my location . These were letters in protest from just ordinary citizens. For police work around here, HD is still the favored marque by leaps & bounds.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Oh man, does that beast ever need my laydown license plate bracket. Click the link in my signature and request the black screws. There is no other laydown bracket with the features of a RICZ one. And just $35 shipped. Yes, its black. (Shameless self promotion)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh man, does that beast ever need my laydown license plate bracket. Click the link in my signature and request the black screws. There is no other laydown bracket with the features of a RICZ one. And just $35 shipped. Yes, its black. (Shameless self promotion)
No doubt, I could really use that lay down. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
No doubt, I could really use that lay down. Thanks

RICZ

Thanks for the lay-down in my favorite color. Delivery was quick and install quicker!

Was able to use my bullet tops in 2 places and attach inspection plate.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
RICZ

Thanks for the lay-down in my favorite color. Delivery was quick and install quicker!

Was able to use my bullet tops in 2 places and attach inspection plate.

Glad you are pleased. I have made custom brackets with space for stickers, but its good you were able to work that out yourself. Photos?

·
13,262 Posts
Was wondering about police units myself. I used to be in that biz. First serviced/ repaired hands on. Then supervised the shop. Retired 2000. My replacement tried hard to get officers on to Vic's, but they [officers & brass] fought him all the way, wanted to keep the HD's.. I'll have to call him, as he's likely eating crow about now.....:( When I retired & he was taking over, I was trying for BMW's . But the same resistance came from the top. During the the time we were trying them, and in the [Honda] period beforehand...you would be amazed how many letters went to city hall, chiefs office, & front office @ my location . These were letters in protest from just ordinary citizens. For police work around here, HD is still the favored marque by leaps & bounds.
You signature doesn't say what model bike you have or even where you live

·
Registered
302 Posts
Love the colours on your bike! One day I'll go all gray paint or wrap with maybe a few black accents. Take those reflectors off it'll look even better! Hair dryer, old credit card edge a bit of goo off and you get all foam tape and adhesive off.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
I replace my fork reflectors with black reflective tape, still have reflectors but can't see them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Love the colours on your bike! One day I'll go all gray paint or wrap with maybe a few black accents. Take those reflectors off it'll look even better! Hair dryer, old credit card edge a bit of goo off and you get all foam tape and adhesive off.
Thanks, man. I've always loved that flat gray or gunmetal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks, man. I've always loved that flat gray or gunmetal.
Absolutely!

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
I love the looks of those MSD coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2021 - 2040 of 2078 Posts