Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Went for a few hundred km ride with Marco57 a couple of days ago. Had to turn around at flooded roads 3 times, didn't get where we were originally going but still had a great day. His Corey Ness Cross Country is a very flash bike, the metallic yellow of the paint really pops in the right light.
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Plant

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same forged crash bars you do and found the JTD lower fairing did the trick for the buffeting coming from below.

Combined with Madstad windshield brackets and a flip top windshield eliminated all buffeting. Just a flip windshield would probably work though.

Thank you for this info - I have the JTD lowers but found I was getting too warm and removed them plus I needed to replace the lights in them. Couldn’t convince myself to upgrade the jtd lights or get something from clearwater (darla) and retain the airflow - wasn’t using the bike much so I had time….😂 The madstad solution stuff feels like they understand the problem - off to research and get one ordered up. Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went for a few hundred km ride with Marco57 a couple of days ago. Had to turn around at flooded roads 3 times, didn't get where we were originally going but still had a great day. His Corey Ness Cross Country is a very flash bike, the metallic yellow of the paint really pops in the right light. View attachment 255250
I am happy for guys , truly I am….. it’s - 43C with wind here…. frick☹

·
Registered
578 Posts
Went for a ride with @Marco57 down winding backroads, up a mountain range and west on the rich crop land of the Darling Downs, heading for the little town of Cecil Plains for a pub lunch at the Hotel Victory.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

Temperature was in the low 30s C and the couple of beers with lunch went down well. The Condamine River had been flooding the week before and the straight flat road out to Cecil Plains through the broad acre canola field was pretty chopped up in parts. There was no fuel for sale, the resupply tanker the week before had broken down.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

Had a slow run north to Dalby, 45 kms away and filled up. Marco made it into town with 1 litre left in the tank.
Next headed on to Acland, a coal mining ghost town with one person left.
Bikes in front of the war memorial.
Wheel Plant Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank

Main street:
Sky Plant Flower Natural landscape Tree

Met and had a yarn with the last bloke left, then bolted for home. Bowled over a bunny along the way, it ran straight out and hit my left footpeg.
All up 430 kms, a great ride.

·
Premium Member
7,406 Posts
Went for a ride with @Marco57 down winding backroads, up a mountain range and west on the rich crop land of the Darling Downs, heading for the little town of Cecil Plains for a pub lunch at the Hotel Victory.

View attachment 255361
Temperature was in the low 30s C and the couple of beers with lunch went down well. The Condamine River had been flooding the week before and the straight flat road out to Cecil Plains through the broad acre canola field was pretty chopped up in parts. There was no fuel for sale, the resupply tanker the week before had broken down.
View attachment 255362

Had a slow run north to Dalby, 45 kms away and filled up. Marco made it into town with 1 litre left in the tank.
Next headed on to Acland, a coal mining ghost town with one person left.
Bikes in front of the war memorial.
View attachment 255363

Main street:
View attachment 255364

Met and had a yarn with the last bloke left, then bolted for home. Bowled over a bunny along the way, it ran straight out and hit my left footpeg.
All up 430 kms, a great ride.
Nice ride

2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts