Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My New Cross Roads

Pretty lame picture from myIphone, but it's all I have right now. Just 250 miles so far with all the rain here in sSeattle. I can't bear to get her muddy. I have the Kewlmetal chrome luggage rack on order and will post more pics after installing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like these much better than the Vison.:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
johncutt and sooner-
Is the windshield quick removable? I have not seen a CR in person and there isn't one around here. What kind of "semi-normal" mpgs are you guys getting with the w/s on and staying within the speed limits?
curious

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not removed the windshield, but it has 4 bolts that are easily accessible. It's not a "quick release" system though. Regarding MPG, I started out with 33, then went to 35 and for the last 1000 miles have been getting 38/39 with half freeway half city riding. I just got back from a two day trip moostly freeway, two up, with luggage and got 40/41. I now have 2500 miles on the bike and absolutely love it....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I to have not removed the windshield, only four bolts though. I have been getting approx. 38 mpg consistently but I can't say that I always ride the speed limit. When I get her in 6th gear it's hard to hold her back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My new Ride since Thursday :)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just bought it two weeks ago. We had a warm spell (65F) so I took the windshield off. Totally stock...for now
Damn that looks sweet with no windshield!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Just got it about a week back. All stock at the moment, save for Arlen Ness Big Honker exhaust and the Vic passenger backrest. Custom luggage rack on order. Driver backrest (probably the Utopia), new grips, and a short Cee Bailey's windshield will all hopefully come this winter.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Just got it about a week back. All stock at the moment, save for Arlen Ness Big Honker exhaust and the Vic passenger backrest. Custom luggage rack on order. Driver backrest (probably the Utopia), new grips, and a short Cee Bailey's windshield will all hopefully come this winter.
Hey bud, your cross roads is gorgeous, but I noticed a little wet stain underneath it. Just thought I'd point it out so you can check on it, make sure you don't have a leak.

Gorgeous bike, can't wait to get my Cross Roads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You've got a keen eye, CrossRoads.

Those photos were taken right after a bath, so I think it was just some water dripping off. No stains on my garage floor.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
okie57: No question, your bike looks awesome. Could you give us an idea of how much a pain job like yours is?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I beleive that is a paint scheme for 2011 model

·
Registered
35 Posts
Answers

Dear CrossRoads & Dave E,
1.) The cost for this Paint job & Front Fender work was $2,500. I was quoted as high as $4,000 for just the Paint job by itself by an individual who had the "name." I met these Gentlemen through a reference and coordinating with them, and their level of work was outstanding.
2.) 2011 Paint scheme. You are right in some aspect. I bought my Cross Country in mid July 2010. It was in the crate. I was actually on the way to Dallas, Texas to buy a White 2010 Vision. I stopped by to ensure they would service the bike even though I bought from somewhere else. They mentioned they had a 2011 Cross Country, and, well, hell, I bought it because I like the style. I told them to hold as I called Victory HQ to ask specifically what colors were coming forth in 2011. I talked with same Dame in the upper echelons and I asked her specifically about a photo I saw on the web showing the Cross Country in White-she denied it-Victory lied. End of the story, had I known for sure Victory was releasing the White Cross Country I would have bought it, and not paid to have mine repainted. By the way, it has been over 2 months and I still have not received any card, letter, etc. from Victory Riders Association. I called them twice to ask why and they said it is on the way. I am about to call HQ in Medina, Minnesota. how long did it take you guys?

1 - 20 of 797 Posts