Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Okie57,

I thought it was a 2011 paint scheme, as your paint job looks great. I bought my CR in early June and have not received anything from Victory either. Sounds like a common problem with most buyers :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dave E

I had a 2008 BMW R1200RT and the BMW Customer Service was terrible, arrogant, nose-up and non-responsive, and that is one of the reasons I sold the BMW! I did not buy a HD because I heard good things about the Victory-and its true. Great bike! I think Victory better get its Customer Service head and ass wired, or it will lose ground fast. Mid-October I call HQ and question why they are so lax. Amazing, we buy expensive Motorcycles and they forget us after the sale. Makes you wonder what we do if we need them on the side of the road?:confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
The cost for this Paint job & Front Fender work was $2,500. I was quoted as high as $4,000 for just the Paint job by itself by an individual who had the "name." I met these Gentlemen through a reference and coordinating with them, and their level of work was outstanding.
Not bad. I am asking because I lean towards getting a cross roads, and would love to have it in white. $4,000 sounds really expensive, even if a celebrity paints it for you :) $2,500 sounds like a good value.

Your bike looks awesome - and the fact that it's not exactly like the factory white 2011 makes it unique.

Ride it safe and pile up a ton of miles on it!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i like the way the bags blend in with the rear fender.:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
for okie57-

What windshield is that? How tall are you, inseam, etc? Is that an OEM tall one from Victory?

Also- does the velcro keep the psgr foot place down or what? I don't seem to understand the reason for the velcro. Please enlighten the masses....

curious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
White Bear

The shield is not OEM Victory. The shield is a Cee Bailey 19." I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam. I like looking through the shield. I've had shields before that I looked over them, and ones that "cut" my eye level. I went this height from Cee Bailey because I still have about 1 1/2" of shield over my helmet. Velcro. It is the side without the "hooks." Reason, because the metal-on-metal starts to wear down the contact points when the passenger floorboard is folded down; you can see some photos of this worn look on other Cross Countrys and Cross Roads. I put the Velcro there to eliminate the worn look of the metal.

CrossRoads and 07PEARLJACKPOT, thanks for the comments. My white paint was tinted with green.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okie57

Beautiful color scheme, it really brightens up the XC and hopefully makes you more noticeable to the clueless airheads sharing the road with you.

Btw, Gotta love the classic Steve McQueen framed photo in your garage!

·
Registered
35 Posts
FutureVic, Thanks. Steve McQueen poster is one of my favorite Biker photos of all time, plus he was a Marine also.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rare Skull Cross Roads

I know that the Skull paint is not rare but finding one on the CR is, so I will post a few to keep the thread alive... We need more CR pictures!!! I love the look of the CC but I am a traditionalist and like to see my front rim and the road so post yours up too!

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Could someone post a photo of a XC with the luggage rack from the rear. A closeup where the antenna and rack meet and 1 looking somewhat downward at the front of the rack where the rear passenger backrest meets.

I am in the process making a luggage rack. The photos would be of a tremendous help.

Thanks guys

dd

·
Registered
61 Posts
My pinstriping

It is 4 degrees here so I could not get a good photo of the bike. I just got it home yesterday from having it pinstriped. To much snow to move it outside!!!

I went with lime green. I know it may sound odd to some- but it is gorgeous to me

Dixie

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very Nice Dixe!

Would like to see beter pics, when you dig out! cheers

DC area got hit hard last night and thankfully we only got less than an inch here in Southern MD. I should be able to ride this weekend...need to take mine in for a warranty issue. thumb up

·
13,002 Posts
From pick up to completion. Me with my Marines. Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait & Iraq at day of delivery. Me at day of delivery at Henderson Auto body in Tulsa, Oklahoma after the paint job and fender work.
Whats the name of the dealer:confused:

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
johncutt and sooner-
Is the windshield quick removable? I have not seen a CR in person and there isn't one around here. What kind of "semi-normal" mpgs are you guys getting with the w/s on and staying within the speed limits?
curious
Solo riding, I get 40mpg city and 50mpg highway at moderate speeds - that would be around 60mph.

Re the windshield: It comes off in less than 2 minutes. Around 1 minute if you really rush it.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
sure alot of CR with fairings in this "show off your Cross Roads" thread. :D
I get a lot of folks asking me what bike is that while they are admiring my Cross Roads. I didn't realize some of them were Cross Country owners. :ltr:

21 - 40 of 797 Posts