Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was looking at the 2" forward controls, but the web site doesn't state that they fit the Gunner. The 4" control kit specifically mentions the Gunner, but not the 2". Does anyone know if the 2" will work? I don't know if I want to move my controls out 4".

Thanks!!!

Mike
I had the 2" extensions (made by Polaris) put on my Gunner last weekend. Two inches doesn't sound like much, but it makes a huge difference. Much more comfortable.

I like the Polaris ones because they look very integrated - visually, you hardly notice them.

One problem - there was some confusion with the part number. Polaris shipped the 2" backwards "extensions" for shorter legs. They are not reversible, so they had to re-order them.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I had the 2" extensions (made by Polaris) put on my Gunner last weekend. Two inches doesn't sound like much, but it makes a huge difference. Much more comfortable.

I like the Polaris ones because they look very integrated - visually, you hardly notice them.

One problem - there was some confusion with the part number. Polaris shipped the 2" backwards "extensions" for shorter legs. They are not reversible, so they had to re-order them.
Thanks Kevin! That's good to know about the more comfortable ride. I ordered the 2" VictoryOnly extensions and got them last week. I'm installing them on Saturday. Did you run into any issues installing the Polaris extensions?

Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Kevin! That's good to know about the more comfortable ride. I ordered the 2" VictoryOnly extensions and got them last week. I'm installing them on Saturday. Did you run into any issues installing the Polaris extensions?

Mike
The dealer installed them, as part of the original purchase 3 weeks ago. (EDIT: I bought the bike 3 weeks ago... the installation was Saturday)

I think I would have had them do it anyway, because I'm not comfortable messing with the brakes. You have to install a slightly longer brake line.

I'll do a lot of mechanical stuff myself - except the brakes...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
The dealer installed them, as part of the original purchase 3 weeks ago. (EDIT: I bought the bike 3 weeks ago... the installation was Saturday)

I think I would have had them do it anyway, because I'm not comfortable messing with the brakes. You have to install a slightly longer brake line.

I'll do a lot of mechanical stuff myself - except the brakes...
I hear ya on the brake thing... I don't like messing with them either. I'm going to tackle this myself. The kit from Victory Only doesn't have a brake line and from what I can tell, the stock line is long enough to accommodate the extension. There are 2 shift rods with the kit... one just a little longer than the other.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
VictoryOnly 2" Lower Control Extensions

Good morning folks...

Well... this is fun... I bought the 2" Lower Control Extensions from VictoryOnly.com... thinking that I would be able to make the conversion easily as the instructions didn't have any mention of the brake side controls. I figured the brake lines had enough slack to accomodate the extension without having to replace the lines. The kit didn't come with replacement lines.

I was wrong...

Luckily, I started with the brake side and pulled the brake controls off the bike... tried to move them 2" forward with zero success. There is no slack in these lines. SO... long story short... if you buy the VictoryOnly.com 2" Lower Control extension kit... plan on buying brake lines, bleeding brakes, etc.

I will be scheduling with my local Victory dealer to do this install as I won't mess with brakes. Brakes are way too important to have a half-ass mechanic like me mess with.

Hope this helps out someone in the future.

Cheers!!!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice Gunner , love the green !

·
Registered
85 Posts
All tucked in, for winter. The woman got me a nice Victory cover for it.
How do you get it to stay on the ceiling like that? :laugh :grin :wink

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Definitely.... But your tyres will wear out faster
All to do with gravity and talking about gravity......

·
Registered
85 Posts
You've had a sh!t eatin grin on your face since the day you bought that bike...lol. It's still there!

Nice lookin ride Pyro!

Haha thanks! My grin keeps getting bigger! Now for pipes and cams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kurbs

·
Registered
426 Posts
Haha thanks! My grin keeps getting bigger! Now for pipes and cams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh you will like the cams.....oh yes you will! I passed a car and hit 117 mph last weekend, and still had plenty of beef left. If my helmet didn't bobble id have put her over 125, ...that's for tomorrow!

161 - 180 of 202 Posts