Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
341 - 353 of 353 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Justin, I believe it was 465 Victory specific, got it from Revzilla. I weigh 110kg. The stock shock was hopeless to help absorbs even tiny bumps, furthermore my the guard house and main entrance to my apartment block got narrow 4" hump, with stock shock I would scrap the bottom of engine. The Progressive helps with all these. I have ot set to hardest preload and literally as if no sag. Highway and bending through corners it really helps maintain stability. My 2 cts, Hope it helps

· Premium Member
11,313 Posts
Nice scooter

Reactions: justin.w.clark2

· Registered
691 Posts
Bro which progressive shocks did you use?
Progressive 465-1163B
The 14.5 inch eye to eye longer option. Finally got it set up to suit me, 86 kg, rough rural back roads. It was a long process, the final adjustment steps were single notch adjustments on the ring. And it had already been fitted to a mates Vegas, although he had loosened the spring adjustment to make it easier to remove before he sold the Vegas to buy a very hot King Pin.

Reactions: justin.w.clark2

· Registered
691 Posts
"Tank lift"....?
Could be mistaken, but it looks like the front mounts for your petrol tank are about an inch higher than normal. Often it's done with offset plastic blocks.
No real advantage on steel frame Vic's, possible slightly better intake airflow when done on the Cross bikes, particularly if a rubber air dam in there is removed.

· Registered
2012 Victory Highball
18 Posts
Could be mistaken, but it looks like the front mounts for your petrol tank are about an inch higher than normal. Often it's done with offset plastic blocks.
No real advantage on steel frame Vic's, possible slightly better intake airflow when done on the Cross bikes, particularly if a rubber air dam in there is removed.
No I have ripped out the ugly plastic crap usually found there and replaced with an Arlen Ness ram air box which is unseen from outside and cleans the whole front up old school. Also gave a few more ponies

341 - 353 of 353 Posts