Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Vic riders! New to the brand and this forum. Wanted to write about my 2015 Magnum. I live in Indiana and have been on harleys for the last several years, and prior to that, on various metric bikes. I'm 6'5, 260 with 34" inseam. So finding a bike that fit me so I didn't look like a behemoth on it has been difficult. Last bike was a 2013 Wide Glide, that I loved as a bar hopper bike, which I had to put forward controls and 8" risers and different seat to accommodate me. But bike wasn't good for wife when she wanted to ride, especially on trips. So I test rode Indian, Harley RG and SG, and Victory Magnum. Love the Magnum out of all so traded Wide Glide for it. So you're all aware of buffeting, so to alleviate this issue I installed a 10" windvest shield and fabricated my own fork lowers out of 3/16" smoked acrylic with Memphis shades #9890 mounting brackets. Here's a pic of it, and I can tell you....this works great!!!! I liked the Ness lowers and Goody's, but didn't want to spend that much money not knowing if it would work with the shield, so for $56 for the mounts on Amazon, and $33 for a 12"-24" piece of acrylic through us plastics, I figured I'd try my own design first. As promised, here's a pic.tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Most of the buffeting comes from underneath so your solution should be spot on. I found my foot/leg positioning makes the biggest difference. Does your Windvest have curled lip on it? I tried 3 windshields before settling on my Ness Flip. I also had my seat modded to get me right into the pocket of clean air. I went down and forward a little. With your height you will likely need to go down and back. Enjoy your new bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Travis P.... Thanks for the welcome! And yes the Windvest has a flip on the end of it. And your right, most of the dirty air comes from underneath as I have drove the bike and with my long arm reach I can drive with one hand and use the other to locate exactly where it's coming from. I thought that some might be coming from the gap between the fender and bottom of fairing but no, I've had my hand down between that area and nothing but smooth air. From what I can feel, it all comes off the lower part of shocks and tracks right to the inner thigh and then right up your torso. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts