Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Great lookin bike!! A lot of good hard work. Post a pic of the right side you get a chance. Want to see the pipes against the bags.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Was gunna order those same Linby bars today. They look awesome. How you like them? I noticed that Lindby gives you the option to order set for cruiser from 1998-2001, then vegas or kingpin 2003-2005. No v92 2002 or 03??? Not sure which one will bolt up....do you know which I would have to get for my 03 v92c? I would think same ones you got but IDK.

http://www.lindbycustom.com/cart/home.php?cat=257

thanks D
The bars where on it when I got it. They have the stock cables BUT the throttle cables seem stretched, they bent the angled guide so I would say it's up to you on cables. As far as the Lin bars the only thing i can think of is they switched to the Freedom twin in 02 right? The upper mount may have changed...otherwise I don't know. Expensive gamble but I'm sure there is a way. Back to the handle bars, I have no clue what brand they are, but they do have a lot of shake/flex to them

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bars where on it when I got it. They have the stock cables BUT the throttle cables seem stretched, they bent the angled guide so I would say it's up to you on cables. As far as the Lin bars the only thing i can think of is they switched to the Freedom twin in 02 right? The upper mount may have changed...otherwise I don't know. Expensive gamble but I'm sure there is a way. Back to the handle bars, I have no clue what brand they are, but they do have a lot of shake/flex to them
Thanks for the info man. Yea I probably have to go with the highway bars listed for the kingpin, but i'll just call lindby and see what they say. Think i'll just go with some 4 inch risers with my stock bars for now. Those ape hangers do look good don't they. HHmmmmm.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Posted pics in introduction, but I figured I'd post here too. I've put bigger bags on it but haven't taken pics yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Posted pics in introduction, but I figured I'd post here too. I've put bigger bags on it but haven't taken pics yet.
Lowering kit on it? Just curious. Look tight. You sticking with the Polaris tag on the tank? Like the color mix with the frame. thumb up

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lowering kit on it? Just curious. Look tight. You sticking with the Polaris tag on the tank? Like the color mix with the frame. thumb up
No lowering kit, just shock adjustment. It's at the lowest with the sag meeting spec. I actually ordered the monochrome badges after trying several different things. Thanks on the color combo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Took a ride with a buddy of mine last Friday. Stopped for a beverage...took a shot. Both are 2001's....with various different parts here and there. I was riding without bags, as I prefer if I know I won't be needing them to haul "stuff".

·
Registered
352 Posts
the blue one was my '01 deluxe... my first vic. Hooked ever since. Didn't do much to her, but I have only seen one other Deluxe with that paint color. I miss her.
HPIM0064.jpg

The black with fleck I literally just got home. The pic doesn't do her justice. I have a little customizing to do, but overall she's solid. Excellent paint job. (thanks Bill, if you see this).
Feb 3 2012 021.jpg

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Ron Fox,

Nice ride. If you could do springers in the front, that would complete the bobber, great detail and the colors really stand out!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
First Cruiser

Still in Afghanistan, but on Feb 27, around the Island I go....

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really like that exhaust,,,and im a twin pipe guy but yours pops. Great color, interesting what a painted frame does to a bike!

To all you guys with the apes, I'm looking at doing that to mine, wha sizes are y'all runnin. I've ridden a Roadking with 18's on it, and they where a bit of a stretch for me. Where do you get and how long are the cables? And about the lowering....that also peaks my interest, what is out there anymore to do this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
This thread is looking GREAT!!

Rwill, riding is right around the corner! No, it is HERE!!

I went for a ride on Saturday... I retuned from a two week vacation in the Caribbean and convinced myself that upon my return it would be spring... So I rode, and for the second time in my life rode in snow in the low/dark areas! I had to work yesterday so no riding, but I am hoping Wednesday will be good!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This thread is looking GREAT!!

Rwill, riding is right around the corner! No, it is HERE!!

I went for a ride on Saturday... I retuned from a two week vacation in the Caribbean and convinced myself that upon my return it would be spring... So I rode, and for the second time in my life rode in snow in the low/dark areas! I had to work yesterday so no riding, but I am hoping Wednesday will be good!
We're looking at 70's here in MN already, and we had a day of rain yesterday! Time to get moving on getting her out.

Every time I run my leather tassels off my levers, it constantly triggers my brake light..........

41 - 60 of 284 Posts