Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 180 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Very nice.

Enjoy the new ride. They look really nice without the trunk also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Purchased four days ago, used 2011 with 15k miles. I just wish it was warm out.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sweet looking scoot. Love that white, have never seen one here in AZ. Would you believe 8 of us are going on a group ride Saturday of close to 200 miles? It was a delightful 80 yesterday & a beautiful 70 degrees Saturday for the ride. Looking at the therm. now here at 5:30am & it's 55 right now, time to break out the parka! :ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Snowmobile riders go out, why not bikers?
I won't ride in the snow or post precipitation (black ice) but when the roads are dry I've been out as cold as 15 degrees and enjoyed the commute to work a half hour.
My previous limit was 50 but the Vision has great wind protection and hand/butt warmers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Snowmobile riders go out, why not bikers?
I won't ride in the snow or post precipitation (black ice) but when the roads are dry I've been out as cold as 15 degrees and enjoyed the commute to work a half hour.
My previous limit was 50 but the Vision has great wind protection and hand/butt warmers.
It was 40 when I rode it home. With the heated grips and seat on low and the windshield all the way up I felt fine.

I've always been a sucker for pearl white, though I wasn't sold on the silver until I saw it in person. Plus it was only $12k compared to $18k for the new Vision they had.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just picked up my pearl white 2014 Vision Tour on Wednesday! This bike is absolutely amazing. To me, coming from a cross country, it feels like a sport bike!! Wow!

ImageUploadedByMO Free1428714602.364207.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just picked up my pearl white 2014 Vision Tour on Wednesday! This bike is absolutely amazing. To me, coming from a cross country, it feels like a sport bike!! Wow!

View attachment 128985

I was thinking about trading my Vision in on a Cross Country Tour. Is that a bad decision in your opinion? What is it that you like about the Vision that you don't about the Cross Country?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was thinking about trading my Vision in on a Cross Country Tour. Is that a bad decision in your opinion? What is it that you like about the Vision that you don't about the Cross Country?
IMO, the vision looks more futuristic vs the standard look of a CCT. Aka, it looks like a Harley Ultra. CCT has more bag capacity and the bags and trunk are more easily removed vs the vision. Wind management is better on the vision, therefore, better comfort in extreme conditions such as rain or cold. I do ride in the cold but not on snowy roads.
Another major factor is the frame mounted fairing makes the steering lighter on the vision vs the fork faired CCT. My opinion is based on a two mile ride on both and I chose the vision that I bought last Sept. I'm happy with my decision.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with everything Eotsis mentions. I have owned both a 2012 CCT, which I sold to get my 2013 Vision. Both great bikes with the same frame and motor, but the Vision formula just makes it a much better touring bike. Enjoyed my CCT, love my Vision.

D2

·
Registered
152 Posts

Ironhead,

To answer your question, I'll put it like this: I ride a cross country for a living. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. I wanted a bike with a fixed fairing and a better ride. I'm looking at doing more long distance riding in the future, so the vision suits me better. After spending 8 hours a day in the saddle of a cross country, jumping on the vision for the ride home is like coming home from a long day at work and crashing on the couch.

Good luck with your decision!

161 - 180 of 198 Posts