Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed at low speed, especially on take off, or if I shift to 2nd a little soon, it will kinda shudder, is this normal, if not, whats up? Its done it since I got it, I have changed oil and slightly adjusted the clutch, it hasn't made any difference. If its normal, fine, if its not, I would like to fix it, thanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you are shifting before the proper rpm it is normal. You are lugging the engine. You'll have the same shudder if you shift from second third to soon, third the fourth and so on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is what happens in any vehicle with manual transmission when you shift too early.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I must just notice it more on this bike for some reason, never noticed it much, or this much on any other bike, but the motor was half this size also.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks guys, I must just notice it more on this bike for some reason, never noticed it much, or this much on any other bike, but the motor was half this size also.
Single over head cam engines are built be high revving engines. @ 3000 rpm you are just getting in to your power band so don't be afrai to let the engine get up to its sweet spot.

Here is a little tip..if you think engine is revving high keep twisting that throttle. :D

My motto is redline every shift. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
I find that about 2800 rpm is the optimum shift point for this engine. It also let's the tranny shift smoother. I came from 4 HD's and its tough to get used to letting it breathe a bit. You could shift those things at 1800.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other bike is a 78cb750, generally cruises down the highway at around 5,000 rpms, so this is easy compared to that, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts