Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not tried those but a set of those plug covers just arrived in the post...

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

·
13,002 Posts
any thing would help I think.
As for how much only riding with them would tell

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
we are sitting on top of an internal combustion engine and complaining about heat.........:crying:crying

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I didn't know about this product from Kury. Is it new? Some thoughts:

- I agree with VJ, in that maybe they couldn't hurt, in terms of keeping a little heat at bay, away from the thighs and legs.

- I wonder if they can catch some wind going toward the center, and then make it easier for your side panels to push outward, and sail down the highway ... unless your barbs and grommets are in top-notch condition (or you've added heat-shrink to a barb or two).

- I also wonder if it's possible to block too much air. That's something I've wondered before, in regard to some of those side-closeouts that are available. I mean, that rear cylinder has to get some airflow around it -- doesn't it? -- even though the 106 is also oil-cooled. That rear jug is the one that H-D shuts down on some models, in low-speed "parade mode," right?

- As Motorbikerx points out, yeah, there's explosions going on down there, so whaddya expect. OTOH, much as I enjoy my XCT, I think my next bike is going to be water-cooled.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
- I wonder if they can catch some wind going toward the center, and then make it easier for your side panels to push outward, and sail down the highway ... unless your barbs and grommets are in top-notch condition (or you've added heat-shrink to a barb or two).
My first thought also ....

·
Registered
193 Posts
we are sitting on top of an internal combustion engine and complaining about heat.........:crying:crying
And riding a motorcycle and complaining about the wind.... :crying:crying :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Mine came with some kind of the leather type nut roster deals. I kind of think they have a logo stamped in them saddleman?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks alot.....As usual I thought I was done with modding and this thread came up....just ordered a pair... :laugh :angel

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thanks alot.....As usual I thought I was done with modding and this thread came up....just ordered a pair...
I hope your grommets are in good shape. In a post from 2014, thumbgone suggested heat-shrink tube; here's that thread: http://www.victoryforums.com/35-victory-general-discussion/78906-making-side-covers-stay.html

Last year, I got around to doing that; attached is a pic of my right side cover. I used 3/8" heat-shrink, and used it only on the front barb on each side. This has made a major difference in how well my side covers stay on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I just ordered my AZLeather heat shields for my CCT. I'm sure they'll be well worth it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mark, just be careful when lifting the tank. The opportunity to lose the tank grommets and damage the fuel line present themselves. I put mine under the cables and lines since I found I could move it back further that way.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hope your grommets are in good shape. In a post from 2014, thumbgone suggested heat-shrink tube; here's that thread: http://www.victoryforums.com/35-victory-general-discussion/78906-making-side-covers-stay.html

Last year, I got around to doing that; attached is a pic of my right side cover. I used 3/8" heat-shrink, and used it only on the front barb on each side. This has made a major difference in how well my side covers stay on.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the heads up on this. Mine are very tight, I rarely take them off. But, I will keep a close eye on them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
on close out everywhere for 35 bucks.
[/url][/IMG]
Where'd you get those shiny things, that seem to be attached to the front of the side cover?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts