Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their side stand pad yet ? are those rivets holding it on ?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Yup, those are rivets and I replaced them with truss head screws and nylock nuts for ease of doing the job the next time.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did the nylock nuts stick out too far ? what di d you use about a 1/4-20 ?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The nut went on the top, so clearance was no problem. I don't recall the size--maybe 10-28. Whatever it was that fit the holes the rivets were in.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just thought of using barrell screws.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
After eyeballing the pad, I see I placed the nuts on the bottom. For screws, I used button w/ allen heads. I would not trust barrel screws.

·
13,177 Posts
my rubber pad went a way 2 years ago.
Keep forgetting to get one. Haven't had a problem with out one

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
my rubber pad went a way 2 years ago.
Keep forgetting to get one. Haven't had a problem with out one
Its a $7 part...what's the holdup? We can start a fund for you. :)

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I bought 3 sets of WD replacement rubber and I just installed the last one .... grrrrr they DON'T last very long ... next time I will make my own from better quality rubber ...

EDIT, the barrel screw supplied by WD works very well, just some locktity and it holds ... of course alan key "button" type male and barrel female would work better??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I carry a sidestand pad.....if you don't use one here, especially like the last few days with temps above 115 F, your bike will sink into asphalt. I try to park on concrete.

Funny story about that... at the local grocery store I always park on the sidewalk at the end of the building. Go there one day and there's a police motor there, a Honda ST1300P so I park next to it and run in. I'm in there 10 minutes and when I come out the Officer is looking over my XC so I ask him how's it going. "Ok" he says and then he gives me a sidewise look and asks "You do know this is illegal parking right"? So I tell him...while kinda laughing " Yeah, but you're not setting a very good example" He looks at me and starts laughing and tells me he's just busting my balls. :laugh we ended up just shooting the breeze for 20 minutes, good guy and a motorcycle nut. We wave at each other every time I see him. We only have 2 motor officers here in my town and I know them both now.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
For decades, I have carried a "footy" in my left side case toward the front so it can be reached from the saddle when I have to park on something soft. I attached a heavy string to it with a loop on the end that goes over the left grip so I can retrieve it also from the saddle.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
For decades, I have carried a "footy" in my left side case toward the front so it can be reached from the saddle when I have to park on something soft. I attached a heavy string to it with a loop on the end that goes over the left grip so I can retrieve it also from the saddle.
I use a piece of 2x4. It gives me 1.5".

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I used these , stainless steel , fast shipping , never rust , reusable . I put a drop of blue loctite on each one . These fit perfectly and easy to use .

http://www.mcmaster.com/#92463A401

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I used these , stainless steel , fast shipping , never rust , reusable . I put a drop of blue loctite on each one . These fit perfectly and easy to use .

McMaster-Carr
Hey Mags...is that the size you use? 1/4 to 3/8? thickness and a 1/4 inch shank? it's 0500 and 105 degrees in the garage, and I'm enjoying my coffee and too damned lazy to get up and go measure :grin

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I use a piece of 2x4. It gives me 1.5".
I place a piece of 2X4 under the stand in the garage so the bike is more vertical for futzing with it. But on the road, if I'm parking on something soft, the footy is only about 1/4" thick or so.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its a $7 part...what's the holdup? We can start a fund for you. :)
That's a great idea.... I'm gonna start a GOFUNDME like all these people do. Maybe I can get enough money to bling the bike out more!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts