Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please sign this petition with K&N so they would make us an air filter. All it takes is your name, e-mail address, and 10 seconds to fill it up. Don't forget to check the AIR FILTER box, and click the SEND REQUEST button.

Here's the link to the form on K&N's website.

kandn-petition.png

Thank you for helping out!

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I went to the site I could not get the cursor to show in the "Name" field. It let me put my email and everything else in. So I clicked on the field and typed my name and it took it (although I could not see what I typed).

Just wanted to let anyone else who encounters this that you can still submit it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went to the site I could not get the cursor to show in the "Name" field. It let me put my email and everything else in. So I clicked on the field and typed my name and it took it (although I could not see what I typed).

Just wanted to let anyone else who encounters this that you can still submit it.
Good point. The same has happened when I submitted. If you highlight the text in the name box, it will show what you've typed - click in the name box and press [CTRL]&[A] to select the typed text.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That was exactly how I figured it out.

I guess we're a couple of fart smellers....I mean smart fellers .cheers

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 and a bump to keep it going... I would think the Vision guys would want it too!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Done! Thanks cross roads for finding that out. John at cycle dragon told me last weekend k&n would probably have one for us within the year hopefully won't take that long

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uhhhhhhh...that was fast I got an email from K&N saying that the filter for the XC is part #KN-198!!

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description 2010 CROSS COUNTRY 1731 All Oil Filter KN-198 Oil Filter
LOL. That's the oil filter though. We need air filter!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Well, there's the oil filter # for you guys!!thumb up

Yeah, yeah thats it....I wanted to post the oil filter info for you guys!!:ltr::ltr::crzy:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there's the oil filter # for you guys!!thumb up

Yeah, yeah thats it....I wanted to post the oil filter info for you guys!!:ltr::ltr::crzy:
Hahaha... Thanks Diamond! :crzy: cheers

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Thanks for finding that form CR. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I also just did a search for an AF using the basic dimensions of the stock filter but not nearly as high and it said they had nothing in that range of dimensions. Oh well.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for finding that form CR. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I also just did a search for an AF using the basic dimensions of the stock filter but not nearly as high and it said they had nothing in that range of dimensions. Oh well.
No problem.
Hope we get their attention that there's a need here. Enough petitions will do the trick.

·
13,003 Posts
Why do you want K&N air filter?????
You know the stock filter flows as much air as a K&N and it get just as dirty as a stock filter.
You think your going to gain horse power? Maybe one horse or maybe two if that.
Are you going to save money? Maybe in four years.
So your going to tell me your going to wash your K&N and let it dry for a day and reoil it.
A stock air filter you pull out once a year blow it out with air and put it back in.
When you can buy a stock air filter for a cheaper price and put it in the day you buy it.
K&N $59.95 Stock air filter $15.36 so by the forth filter ya you could have had a K&N and don't for get the air filter oil so will say fifth filter.
I just don't see the reason for a K&N. :confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why do you want K&N air filter?????
You know the stock filter flows as much air as a K&N and it get just as dirty as a stock filter.
Really? So the dyno results have all lied?

You think your going to gain horse power? Maybe one horse or maybe two if that.
So there is a power gain even though they only flow the same volume of air as the stock? Wow. Where does the extra 1 or 2 horsepower come from?

Bottom line is, dynos don't agree with what you're claiming. K&N flows more air than stock air filter. But, if you like your pony muzzled up, fine with me. I'm not bashing on your choice. Would be nice if you'd be respectful for those of us who want a better air filter and not bash on us either. ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Almost every bike I have owned gets or got a K&N air filter. Tried some of the oil foam ones before,never really pleased me. Installed the oil foam ones on my old Guzzi and they got old. Started the old MotoGuzzi one day after it had not been running for awhile. It sucked those old oil foam filters right into the engine. I will stick with the K&N air filters after that experience. thumb up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please sign this petition with K&N so they would make us an air filter. All it takes is your name, e-mail address, and 10 seconds to fill it up. Don't forget to check the AIR FILTER box, and click the SEND REQUEST button.

Here's the link to the form on K&N's website.

View attachment 1420

Thank you for helping out!
Done, replacing the air filter appears to be a complicated process on the XC...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts