·
Registered
280 Posts
HOLY CRAP ! Loydz pretty proud of that filter arn't they :crzy:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Yeah, but it's worth it...for me. Better filter, easy to maintain and never replace.

·
13,002 Posts
SuperDog
If you think Lloydz is high priced wait till you go to Victory and buy something. Victory has 100% mark up on everything.

Beside k&n air filters are not made in the USA if you care

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

worth it though, especially compared to the overpriced vic stage one that rust and fall apart

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So about 6 years later and K&N still dont have a filter for this bike? Man thats almost as bad as finding stuff for the RSV I had.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Blue Lloyds filters are actually red.

K&N oil only comes in red

So how about blue oil ?? And real blue filters ...

·
13,002 Posts
If you do a lot of dirt roads or dusty country roads you're better off with a stock filter.
Beside k&n filters come from Taiwan

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am very satisfied with my Lloydz filter, and any dyno runs you see show that the factory flat filters (even the stage 1 that is likely KnN made) flatten the power curve around 4500.
I'm posting just to see if anyone actually knows the who or where of the Lloydz filter manufacture? They don't make them in-house.
It won't change my purchase decision for next XC or Vis project im involved in, just basic curiosity. Thx all!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Dead link

Please sign this petition with K&N so they would make us an air filter. All it takes is your name, e-mail address, and 10 seconds to fill it up. Don't forget to check the AIR FILTER box, and click the SEND REQUEST button.

Here's the link to the form on K&N's website.

View attachment 1420

Thank you for helping out!
That link returns a 404 Page not found message now. Looks like they abandoned us.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
$570 for an air filter is a bit steep for my pockets. $140 for air filter, but fine print (must use fuel controller) When you look that up it goes for around $390
I didn't know that but it does make sense when changing the flow of air in AND out a change in tuning always needs to happen. With a carb (the good old days) a simple jet change would do it but now and for almost 20 years a tuner is required to change any tuning which most people put on immediately but not all. If someone happens to be in that minority they can just use the stock air cleaner and remove the sound gasket. I remember when the X bikes first came out and we were amazed we could get up to 10% more hp just by pulling that sound gasket. Then someone figured out how to modify a Vic K&N filter for better flow and ease of maintenance by cleaning the filter less often and not having to buy new ones. I ran my XC like that for a couple of years until the Lloydz filter came out.

The smart money gets a PC-V, advancing wheel, Lloydz air filter, and changes the mufflers (at least) to get good air flow in and out. Combined with a good tune the X bike goes from 86 or so HP to 100 HP without spending a lot of money compared to some bikes. If a person modified their exhaust with a glass pack and did the above; they would only be out 600-1000 depending on how much of it they did themselves. If they managed to get a good tune from some with the same changes; they wouldn't even need to pay the $300 for a professional tune. Frankly; only someone who must get every last bit of HP/TQ out of their engine is going to want or need that pro tune. Most of us couldn't even tell the difference in power. A thrifty shopper might find the parts used and save 25% in parts too.

Someone wanting that extra kick up the hills under load would want cams too which I highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I just thought would point that out. I know I have done that before. Look at a part/piece and think "heck that aint bad". Then it dont work right our you find out got to have special part XYZ to make it fit.
I read a lot about aftermarket tuner/fuel control units. Most say plug and play. Do they simply take the pace of the OEM ECU? I have to guess with the guys a see posting "tunes" that they are self (owner) adjustable. Is a Vic dealer the only one to reprogram the OEM ECU? I wonder what they get for a step up flash or whatever. I know like the local Ford house get min 40 min or something just to connect scan tool up. I have access to an OBD 2 scan tool, but I'm pretty sure that would be just to dang easy right?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts