Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Absolutely you are allowed. If you do your own oil changes, the proof of oil change is the receipts for oil and oil filters. Make sure you keep those in a folder just as you would keep the receipts from the dealer for performing the oil changes. The warranty on your engine will be voided if you cannot provide proof of purchase for the oil kits required. thumb up

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealer told me a good practice is to take a digital photo of the receipt while holding it next to the bike's odometer so you can show when the maintenance was done. Print the photo out, staple the receipt to it, and file it away.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Keep your receipts and log it into your manual. You will be good to go. Check out your owners manual, it even states that you can do your own labor but the recommend bringing it to a certified tech. I know my HD manual flat out said not to do your own but that's them talking out of the side of there neck.

As long as you keep up on your log; you can do ALL your own work if you fell confident in your abilities.

Check out the magnuson moss warranty act, there is allot of BS and jaw flappin by most salesmen and forums that a check read of the MMW Act would clear up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
it kinda says the first one has to be done by a victory dealer, mine is 2 hours away.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I would recommend letting the dealer do the first oil change just so they can look the bike over. After that oil changes and minor maintenance can be DIY but keep receipts. The receipt photo with the odometer is a good idea too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts