Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2014 CC, scanning through the manual it shows an onboard tool kit, but doesn't tell you where it's located. I looked under the side panels where they generally are but did not see it, unless it is well disguised or hidden.
Am I overlooking it or just don't have one?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mine was in the saddle bag .....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
By the way , its useless . Your not missing anything ....

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Make your own kit--4, 5, 6 and 8 mm allen wrenches will take care of most jobs on the road. But chances are best they will collect dust. These Victorys ain't no H-D, they hold together.

·
13,262 Posts
shame on you RICZ for saying HD doesn't hold up

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
shame on you RICZ for saying HD doesn't hold up
I ride with mostly H-Ds that are a lot newer than my 2010 XR and I can't count the times a chapter member had a problem with their H-D...even brand new ones. Mostly serious stuff too. All the Vics I know have been flawless except one that had a clutch basket break and that appears to have been caused by the incorrect placing of the retaining ring. It was repaired under warranty.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just the opposite here. We ride with many Harley's on the weekend and thru the week. No problems noticed, bikes all seem to be running very well. Say whatever you want about Harley, they are here, and will be in the foreseeable future. Nothing wrong with a Victory, not nearly enough riders feel as you do.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Made me laugh there a minute. I bought my 2013 XCT used last Jan. I have not even thought to look for a tool kit until I read this. But as was said its probably pretty much useless. Last couple bikes I have had, the tool kits were still there. But they simply contain a flip screw driver (how many flat head screws you seen ) a plug socket. Usually you couldnt get it in and a plug out with it anyways and some stamped out wrenches. Any more you would never be able to change a tire on the side of the road on one of these beasts anyways.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was just wondering for when I had to help my HD friends !

Reactions: SpecialK

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just the opposite here. We ride with many Harley's on the weekend and thru the week. No problems noticed, bikes all seem to be running very well. Say whatever you want about Harley, they are here, and will be in the foreseeable future. Nothing wrong with a Victory, not nearly enough riders feel as you do.
I ride with a couple that have a brand new CVO ultra classic with the 110 shreaking chicken. its on its 4th time in the shop now, twice its broke down on the road heading to the dinner ride. it has 400 miles on it now, and its already had a head replaced, both rear shocks replaced, some bearing in the front, and something else that i cant remember. this is what 40k buys you. :wink

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
the tool kit is pretty basic, and I honestly have never had much use for it. A few metric Allens, a couple metric wrenches. Not much in there that could save you on side of the road. Definitely take Ric's advice and make your own.

Reactions: skydrol
1 - 12 of 12 Posts